Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

[TUNA]: Grilled crispy tuna cakes

bigmantitties

Grilled Crispy Tuna Cakes

Made this just for EF :p

Protein: 33g (tuna, egg white)
Fat: 19g (olive oil and flax)
Carb: 15g (psyllium fiber)

1 can your favorite tuna
2 tsp olive oil
2 tsp flax oil
3 tbsp minced onion
2 tsp psyllium fiber
1 egg white

Drain tuna well. Add to bowl with all of the other ingredients and mix well. Season with salt, ground pepper, and cayenne if you want.

Make sure to pre-heat your Foreman-Grill like machine or this will work in a non-stick fry pan pretty easily too.

Mix all ingredients.. egg white will bind it, fiber is optional but will also help and is good for you. The mix will make 2 good size crab-cake like patties. When grill is preheated, cook patties for about 5 minutes or until slightly brown and crispy on the outside. If using a fry pan, cook about 3 minutes a side.

DAMN thats good tuna, and good for you! Serve with salsa or light mayo or nothing at all.

Last edited:
Nice recipe!! I never use tuna out of the can for any cooked recipe-- but this sounds great. Nothing beats that tuna and onion mix.
I might even go so far as to add in some cheese and peppers. Amen for the egg whites as well!

Thanks

Yea, try it out-- it really makes tuna much better. The oils make it creamy on the inside and a little crispy on the outside. The onions and the cooking make the texture more palatable.

Definitely spice it up.. I wanted to post a 'basic' recipe since it uses things everyone has in the house already. You can use oats if you don't have fiber and get the same effect or leave it out altogether.

Suggested additions:

-diced up pickle and dill
or
-cayenne and tabasco

yep its the best, I add a little garlic powder, and dill weed...I cant go a day without eating tuna now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom