Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is tuna fish all the same

If you want better taste--solid white albacore. Just basically choose a type that is packed in water and not oil. The best would be natural tuna-- Polar brand is a good price, and no sodium additives in it (just plain salt). The more natural the better.

I agree, the solid white albacore is waaay better than the chunk light crap. It's worth the extra money --- but I get it on sale for $1 a can. I now give my chunk light to my cats.

I've been using StarKist tuna fillets. They are about 49 cents a can and I like it better than than the other stuff. When you eat as much tuna as I do, $1 a can would not be ok.

albacore tuna is sold in jars here at my grocery store and is way to expensive to eat regularly. at £2.59 a jar which is about $4.50 i think i will pass

I would say no on the albacore. If you are eating a lot, you need to keep the mercury low, and the chunk light has the lowest where albacore is higher (the fish is bigger).

Many kinds are similar, but there are some foreigh brands that don't have nearly enough protien. Just check the label. Most cans should have 2.5 servings of 15-16g per serving.

jenscats5 said:
I agree, the solid white albacore is waaay better than the chunk light crap. It's worth the extra money --- but I get it on sale for $1 a can. I now give my chunk light to my cats.
Absolutely, solid white is hands down the best. The other stuff tastes like bait compared to it:D

Top Bottom