Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

trying out for the bball team, how much to eat.

Topside

I was thinking about trying out for my college basketball team. I still want to lift while doing this and the 5x5 that im doing fits perfectly into my sched. Lift mwf, and do my bball conditioning consisting of 70 wind sprints, 3 mile run, and various plyos and agility drills, as well as playing pick up games whenever i feel like it. With all that running, i really dont want to lose the size that i have gained. Do i need to be eating like 6000 cals to maintain all that.

5'10 150lbs. 8% bodyfat. Lost alot already because i was sick for about 2 months. Was at 168 10% bf, then went down to 142 8%.

Hmmm....IMO, I would shoot for 4,500 and see where that takes you....are you just looking to maintain or possibly gain? Add 500 at a time if you notice weight loss with all that crazy cardio....obviously keep protein high....

What division college are you at? What position do you play?

DII shooting guard. It's hard bodybuilding and playing ball, so much running involved and ontop of all the training bodybuilding and for bball you kinda run out of time to eat. Im thinking about designating mwf to more of bodybuilding, and then the other days to basketball. Try to take in as many cals on my "bodybuilding days" and then do the best that i can on the bball days. Cant play ball forever though so when thats over i can concentrate on my bodybuilding.

Top Bottom