Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Trying to lose weight: Is this diet/exercise plan I made good?

rawb

I'm 15 years old, about 5'6 and 170 pounds. I want to try and lose about 30lbs and get to 140. I made a exercise plan below that I think would be pretty good to shed off some pounds quickly, what do you think?

Breakfast: Egg whites (3) & bottle of water
Lunch: Salad with very little salad dressing
Dinner: White chicken or turkey breast with a salad & water.
Afternoon : One xenadrine protein bar (21g protein, 2g carb)

When I'm hungry for a snack at night, Ill go into the frige and have some cold white chicken or turkey strips. I drink about 6 bottled waters a day.

For exercise, every night I:

- Use the exercise bike for 20 minutes at about 20mph, and quick bursts up to 30mph for 5 seconds and back.
- 100 Jumping jacks after that.
- 60 sit ups
- 20 push ups

Any advice? Right now it seems to work good, I started it yesterday. How much fat should I expectt to lose if I follow this? I was told I'm not getting enough calroies and starving myself? Any advice on what other foods to eat? Remnember, trying to lose weight, so not a lot of carbs..

well you are definately not getting enough protein...your maintenance level calories is about 2200 calories... So i would shoot to eat 1700 calories a day... Of those 1700 calories, 212g protein, 100g carbs, 50g fat...

That is about what i did when i was your age, but i lost 70lbs...

Definately invest in some carb shakes from sources of dextrose and fructose, and drink it after workouts.

Try to cut the carbs out past 7pm, and dont eat after 8pm-9pm

try doing low intensity long duration cardio especially in the morning and try to come up with a good lifting schedule

--fat free cottage cheese
--extra lean ground beef
--canned green beans
--EAS Simply Whey protein
--Myoplex MRP (or any other MRP)
--Tuna w/ ff mayo and relish or celery
--chicken breasts
--5 egg whites with 1 whole egg (6 total)
--Fiber One cereal w/ skim milk and equal
--fat free yogurt

Some other stuff, I can't think of it right now.

Drink plenty of water throughout the day (shoot for a gallon). Drink Crystal Light if you have to. Makes it easier.

If you keep up your current diet, you'll be binging by the weekend.

Speaking of binging, carb up once a week. equal amts of protein/carbs, and little fat.

you're 15 For goodness sakes!
just eenjoy life
Excercise more, dont be lazy walk more, play more sports don't eat too much crap and get of the damn playstation or the television!
leave the frustrations and agony of dieting to us older folk ;)

i agree with Babyfaced Assassin. you are only 15 and your body is still growing, you need to feed it!
don't starve yourself now or you will regret it later in life.
just cut out the junk food, eat healthier foods and exercise more.

The good habbits being increasing physical activity and reducing junk food not goingon a calorie restricted diet that is so extreme as he's detailed there

Babyfaced Assassin said:
The good habbits being increasing physical activity and reducing junk food not goingon a calorie restricted diet that is so extreme as he's detailed there

You're right, I didn't look quite closely enough. I have a tendency to look at meal frequency, and I noticed that he would be eating 5 times. I didn't notice that one of them was just a salad, and the other was only 3 egg whites. Karma babyface.

Yeah man, just cut out the junk food and sodas. Eat quality foods and lift weights. Don't calorie restrict. You're too young.

hi guys,

Well, I decided to eat more then I planned, so far today here is what I ate:

Breakfast: 3 egg whites & small bowl of corn flakes cereal with milk.

Lunch: Two turkey sandwidtches on wheat bread & fruit juice

Dinner: 5 pretty big strips of white chicken, a bowl of green beans, and a salad with some salad dressing. Along with a big glass of water.

During the day at school, I drink one full water bottle during our small break.

After school I have tennis pratice for 1 hour 45 minutes usually. I did today.

When I get home, I:
- Go on exercise bike for 25 minutes now (upped it 5 minutes with no problem)
- Do 100 jumping jacks right after
- 60 Jumping jacks
- 20 push ups

During my exercise I have two full water bottles of water and drink both completely.

At night time, I am going to have a cucumber and then around 8:30 have a protein bar and from there until 11 just drink some more water.

Well, that's basically what I am doing/did today.. sound like a big improvement over my original scechule?

Top Bottom