Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

TRYING TO FORM A SUPPORT GROUP FOR PEOPLE WHO CAN NOT STICK TO A DIET TO LOSE WEIGHT

bigjoeko

HI ...I CAN NEVER STICK TO A DIET ..I JUST CAN NOT KEEP IT UP..IT MITE LAST FOR 3 DAYS AND THATS it!!! maybe i need some kind of motovation ..maybe we can form a group to motovate each other to stick on our diet..maybe we can post our pictures and try to compare it later on ..iam 255 bf 36% iam really athletic but i just can`t lose the weight.. If you have any ideas or suggestions about this club iam trying to form please post :)

You know dude, I had been overweight all of my life. At one point, as a junior in high school, I was 330. I finished high school around 275 so I had already lost some, but I was far from being lean. After about a semester and a half of college I was 305 again. That's when I decided that I wanted, I stress WANTED, to lose weight. That's the key, dude. You just have to want it. Whenver you think you might want to eat some ice cream or wahtever you just have to decide what's more important. It's all in your determination. Don't try unless you really WANT to lose weight. It sucks and you really have to change your lifestyle, but it's all for the better.

One more thing...you spoke of needing motivation. I have a poster of Arnold from Muscle and Fitness. I put it on my wall and I would look at it and think "What would God(you know, Arnold) think of my big fat ass?" I would look in the mirror and see my fat face and think of how Arnold's face looked and how I wanted the same thing. In a sense, Arnold was responsible for my weight loss. Under his scrutinizing gaze I couldn't help but lose weight or feel that I had let him down.

WE ARE IN A CATAGORY CALLED HARD GAINERS I THINK....I WAS PLANNING TO HAVE A BIG MEAL TONIGHT WITH SOME FRIED CHICKEN AND A BIG COKE.....BUT IAM NOT GOING TO AFTER I READ THE POST ....I HAVE A ARNALD POSTER I GOT IN A FLEX MAGAZINE WHERE HE IS DOING A SIDE CHEST POSE I THINK IAM GOING TO STICK HIM UP THANX FOR THE IDEA .

"DON`T WORRY ONE DAY THINGS MUST GET BETTER"

Usenet is packed with on-line support groups. If you want to try low-carb, try alt.support.diet low-carb. About.com has good discussion groups, too. While these groups aren't as sophisticated about the biomechanics of exercise and weight-loss as this forum, IMHO, the people are usually very supportive. (Not that they're not here, but sometimes people have bigger fish to fry.)

Like the 12 step folks say--one day at a time. Plan your food in advance--that helped me a great deal. If it's not on your list, don't eat it. Search around for a diet you like--low carb, isocaloric, BFL,Protein Power, Sugar Busters--the best diet is the one you can live with.

Top Bottom