Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Trying to figure out how to maintain muscle through Ramadan

abrocketsfan

Hi,

I'm new to this board. I'm 5'8", 19 yrs old. I've been skinny for a while, not much muscle and not much fat. This summer, I decided to bulk up. I eat about 3200 calories a day and about 220 g protein, and I've seen some very good gains. However, Ramadan is fast approaching, which means I won't be able to eat from 6 AM to 6 PM for an entire month. I'm sure I'll have some good bulk by then, and I don't want to lose it. Since I won't be able to eat as much, I figured I'd take opportunity to just cut some bodyfat (i'm prolly at 11% now) without losing muscle. Here's the plan:

EARLY breakfast: cup of skim milk, i cup of boiled chicken breast,cracked wheat, 25 g of isopure , an egg, and a banana.

Then, I can't eat until 6 PM, when I'll eat:
25 g Isopure, ground beef - 3 oz about, an orange.

for dinner (hour or two later) -
6oz pasta (that's 630 calories!!), ground beef - 3oz, and some legumes,

before going to sleep, i'll drink 25 g isopure.

i decided to work out 3 times a day, lower the time i spend in the gym per visit (45 min maybe) and stick to very low weights because I've heard of serious injuries when people try to lift during fasting (can't drink water or eat, remember).

also, I figure on the other days, I'd do like 20-25 minutes of cardio three times and the seventh day i'd just shoot around.

I figure i'll use up about 2300-2400 calories a day, and my diet plan means i'll be consuming around 2300 calories a day (maybe a little more).

Will this work to maintain my muscle and maybe lose some bodyfat. Actually, the maintaining the muscle is the important part, and I guess the losing bodyfat is just something i'd like to do simply because i know i won't be consuming as many calories so it would be a nice secondary result.

Also, give me some foods i can eat so my body won't eat my muscles during the midday when i can't eat

thank you very much

If you can sleep during the day and be awake during the night that would work :)

Since you probably can't do that. get up early before 6am so you can eat. Get in the slowest burning things you can. Mabe a keto diet would help, I'll let Mr.X and Cozmos decide, if it would be better than eating oatmeal ect..

Even if you need to go back to sleep after it still may be a good idea, to get up eat go back to bed.

This is not the time to try to change your body. Forget trying to lose weight, you will only lose muscle. Train as little as possible only 3-4 times a week, no more!

Why can't you drink water? I have muslim friends and I think they were allowed to drink water. DO NOT TRAIN 3 TIMES A DAY! You will only accelerate muscle catabolism. You will not have enough food in your body to stop muscle breakdown caused by training. Anyway you look at it, after 12 hours of not eating, you will be in a catabolic state. You must do your best to hold on to as much muscle as possible.

Btw: Cottage cheese, fat, and fiber are your friends, they will slow down protein breakdown.

Meal1: 1 container of cottage cheese (60g of protein)
2 tablespoons of olive or flax oil (28g of fat)
Oatmeal (30g of carbs)
2 teaspoons of Metamucil (If you are not use to it, increase intake gradually)
2 liters of water
The more food you can stomach, the better.

5 pm. Workout: Light weights 12-15 rep range.

6pm. Eat: High carbs + Isopure

7pm Eat dinner

Eat 1-2 times before you go to bed. Half a container of cottage cheese before bed is nice. Drink as much water as you can, at least 6 liters of water.

When i fast i usually cut down a bit at the gym, and eat like a gorilla at night. I eat non-stop when the sun goes down. I try to sleep all day i guess its the easiest way to perserve muscle.

I guess this is one of those "no pain no gain cases" because you will need to wake up at night.
EX:
6PM --take multi vitamins/minerals---
60 g protein (or 8oz. chicken breast) + 10g glutamine
1 baked potato

8PM
60g protein + 5 g glutamine
1 cup brown rice/or oatmeal

10PM
60g protein + 5 g glutamine
2 cups veggies

4am
60g protein shake

6AM
8oz. chicken breast (or 60g liquid protein) +5g glutamine
1 sweet potato/or beans

Sounds very hard, but you'll only have to wake up at 4am and that's it, make the shake before going to bed so all you'll have to do is drink it.
Remember, no pain, no gain.
Mr.X :cool:

Yeah I agree with X ideally youd have to make the night your day. Eat as many meals as possible from 6pm onwards.

You can dial in 4 meals before midnight.
plus the early breakfast that equals 5.
You could even wake up once (takes effort) and eat .
Thats your 6 meals !

Top Bottom