Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

True or False??

gymtime

"If you take a good multivitamin, you don't have to eat vegetables."

All opinions and comments welcome.

100% false

you don't find phytonutrients, fiber and/or some enzymes in a pill

and vitamins from multis usually have not the same spatial configuration than vitamins from veggies (hence not the same properties)

Both....

gymtime said:
"If you take a good multivitamin, you don't have to eat vegetables."

The answer goes both ways.

You need vegetables for the minerals. Counterpunch is that vegetables only have minerals if grown in mineral-rich soil. It's clearly documented that since the 1950's our government knew all the soil in the USA for farming is utterly depleted of any mineral value.

You can get vitamins from vegetables, but you can use a multi-vitamin supplement for that.

Some vegetables have other nutrients that are beneficial, but that is limited to specific vegetables, so it's not always in a broad-spectrum OTC supplement.

false for the reasons anthrax said, true like baby gorilla said in that trace minerals are either added or supplemented/made availble to us in supplements. a good example would be the lack of selenium in american or canadian wheat due to over intensice farming

I was reading an old interview with the Harvard doc who popularized the PSMF and I remember him talking about the lack of phytonutrients being one of the main causes of weight regain after liquid diets, not too related but shows importance of veggies.

False big time,

There are some essential vitamins that green veggies contain that cannot be replicated. Think tomatoes and lycopine, that's only in tomatoes or you're out of luck.

Mr.X

gymtime said:
OK. So what is you all's veggie intake on a given day?

On any given day, I go through at LEAST a pound of broccoli, 8-10 hothouse tomatoes, and a red bell pepper or two if we have them in the house. Yams and carrots, too, when I'm not cutting.

Top Bottom