Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

tripe soup nutritional value

Victor_

this has been highly recommended as a protein source , some people find it disgusting but I kind of like it, any other extra info on the nutritional value of this meal?

It is not bad in terms of protein, but there are so many better alternatives for that.....why not just eat a piece of fish? It will have less fat, less carbs, and more protein in it...

A 3-ounce serving of cooked tripe soup will provide you with 80 calories, 10 grams of protein, 1.7 grams of carbohydrates and 3.4 grams of fat, including 1.2 grams of saturated fat. This is only about 5 percent of the daily value for fat and 6 percent of the DV for saturated fat, making tripe a relatively low-fat option.

A 3-ounce serving of cooked tripe soup will provide you with 80 calories, 10 grams of protein, 1.7 grams of carbohydrates and 3.4 grams of fat, including 1.2 grams of saturated fat. This is only about 5 percent of the daily value for fat and 6 percent of the DV for saturated fat, making tripe a relatively low-fat option.

That's really not that low fat.

1/2 can of water packed tuna has 60 calories, 15g protein, 0g carbs and 0g fat.

If you are looking for a high protein low fat food - you can't beat tuna.

Side story: so for years I'd see great trays of the white tripe local butchers sold. It looks like a glossy but fluffy towel. Then they'd pile it up. It was sold in small amounts of little over a cup size. Up North (aka T'Up North as they say it) they'd eat it with sauces etc as a perverse kind of treat.

So for a very long time I didn't actually know what it was. It's stomach lining from a cow. As soon as I found out, given I'd never ate it, that quickly became I'll never eat it. Now I worked for 7 and a half years at a meat processing plant and really ain't that fussy meat wise. I also know that the old adage of 'they use all but the oink of a pig' is kinda true yet the idea of eating stomach lining... kinda white and bland and not exactly nutritious and tasty looking... was a step too far lol.

F**k eating it in a soup. Please tell me you add something to give it a taste?

Top Bottom