Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Treadmills????

Chuck Diesel

I have bad knees from football in college so I can't really run hard on pavement without having to ice my knees for an hour after doing so. So I have a treadmill and I was wondering something. If I run sprint for 1 minute and then walk/jog for 2 minutes for about a half hour to 45 min. is that sufficient? Or am I not even really burning any fat? Thanks in advance.

Chuck Diesel said:
I have bad knees from football in college so I can't really run hard on pavement without having to ice my knees for an hour after doing so. So I have a treadmill and I was wondering something. If I run sprint for 1 minute and then walk/jog for 2 minutes for about a half hour to 45 min. is that sufficient? Or am I not even really burning any fat? Thanks in advance.

If you have knee problems, I would recommend using the treadmill for walking up a small incline for 45min or so, keep it low-intensity, you don't want to hurt your knees further.

Mr.X

50minutes of treadmill walking at a 15 incline and 4.1 mph...will burn 1,000 calories if you are 205lbs....I love this exercise...

What about those Cross trainers?

Are those just as useful as a treadmill?

I gave one a shot the other day and it was awsome.. I could go on forever. I burnt the same amount of calories in the same time frame as I would with a treadmill... Does it really matter what type of cardio I do? Even if it was on a stationary bike?

Xtreme2001 said:
What about those Cross trainers?

Are those just as useful as a treadmill?

I gave one a shot the other day and it was awsome.. I could go on forever. I burnt the same amount of calories in the same time frame as I would with a treadmill... Does it really matter what type of cardio I do? Even if it was on a stationary bike?

Cardio is cardio, as long as your heart is working at the same rate and you are following the same intensity, you're fine. Cross trainers are fine...just as useful......

Mr.X

The Stepmill/Stairmill is the BOMB. I feel like a total badass after 20 minutes on this former medieval torture device.

the treadmill is fantastic if you've a TV in front of you. 40 minutes at a steep incline doing about 4mph gets a good sweat and a good workout. I typically hit up the swooshie (i.e. cross traning) machine to warm up before a lift. 12 minutes high intensity isn't real good for fat-burning cardio, but it is good to activate the thermo's nicely and to wake me up. But point being, why even bother jogging if the knees hurt? You can get just the same cutting benefits walking, and in the grand scheme of things, if it's going to preserve your knees then it's ultimately going to be the best choice.

treadmill =

* no more knee pain
* TV
* looking at nice chicks around :)
* .... and as much effort as running outside

I have always wondered about the whole walking/running debate. What is the truth behind that debate? Can someone explain to me exactly how much more walking needs to be done in order to make it equivilent to running. Thanks. Oh yeah, the T.V thing, since it is in my room I turned my T.V. on before jogging, and the first thing that is on is an hour show about ANNA KOURNAKOVA!!!!!!!!! Guess how long I was on the treadmill? I don't know either, I never looked down :)

Chuck Diesel said:
I have always wondered about the whole walking/running debate. What is the truth behind that debate? Can someone explain to me exactly how much more walking needs to be done in order to make it equivilent to running. Thanks. Oh yeah, the T.V thing, since it is in my room I turned my T.V. on before jogging, and the first thing that is on is an hour show about ANNA KOURNAKOVA!!!!!!!!! Guess how long I was on the treadmill? I don't know either, I never looked down :)

:D BTW while you stare at Anna Kournikova you don't feel the pain and time seems to run more quickly

Top Bottom