Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Transformation from bulking to contest day

onerepmaximum said:
I just read what you posted in the other thread Georgie. You're right I do need to check with Quadsweep. I'm pretty sure that when I carb up, any hardness that I have lost will return, probably a little better than before actually. Just as long as I don't lose too much muscle, I'm cool. I appreciate all the feed back and constructive criticism. That's why I put these up, so by all means, fire away.

try eating some sweet tarts(candy pure dextrose) that will harden you up with minimal calorie consumption..

I've heard about the Sweet Tarts before. It's a good idea. Although I don't purposely limit carbs, they do get limited as a result of the diet. I think I'm gonna start a modified CKD diet where I get about 500 carbs at least every 7th day or something like that. I've already started adding in more carbs where I can, like putting honey in my oatmeal in the mornings.

Lumberg, you're right about my left side relaxed round pose. I wasn't quite in position yet and my tattoo doesn't help either. I was in the Marines for seven years.

It was my intention to only post relaxed round poses in the same lighting condition as the last ones that I posted. Due to operational commitments, these will have to do for week 5. I took some madanatory poses to send to an NPC judge that I met. I hesitate to post them because you really can't see any progress. I really think it is the flourescent lights. Next week, come hell or high water, I'm gonna take some better pics. Trust me, I am much more cut and vascular than these pictures show.

1c6e1d037141cc171c804c2e2a6c7ebc.jpg

05cbd5d2bf1aabaffeed59e370a08d63.jpg

62d68fea89892a4b2792ea0058f48c1d.jpg

3f730ba9a57a62439840e27b62df7f55.jpg

I took these last night after my last client. I was weighing around 176.5 I'm hoping to go it has been my intention since I started cutting to go in around 173, but the mirror will let me know where I need to be.

I was also going to comment on your calories consumption. It seems a bit low to me but I can't deny you look great. Keep experimenting a bit if you have time before a comp.

hey bro first of all you look great. that said I'm sure you want suggestions too.

arm looks great in first pose (bicep) in third pose I would try to find an angle that allows your bis to look peakier. whether rotating your arms back I don't know.

also your legs seem to be lagging in terms of definition. I would really want to see the difference between the quads and hams better. loks like it may be a matter of concentrating on flexing those muscles harder, looks like you are concentrating more on flexing your upper body.

could be the lighting, dunno.

looks like you have the calf flex down though, you can really see it.

of the 4 pics I would say the first two are pretty good. the one you need the most work on is the third one.

there are all kinds of little tips for holding certain body parts against others to make them look bigger, angles, etc.

oh yeah another thing I would do is work on giving a really stunning smile even when you are miserably dehydrated, flexing every muscle in your body as hard as you can, and tired as hell. you gotta flash those pearly whites bor! :D

Apollo asked about my training program. My philosophy has changed a bit when it comes to pre-contest. I always thought that lighter weight and more reps would help me to get where I needed to be. I've been told (by a dude that has forgotten more than I will probably ever know) that heavy weights are the key to keeping your muscles big and full. So far so good.

Monday- Legs- 4 x 10 leg press
3 x 8-12 front or regular squats
3 x 8-12 extremely deep hack squats
4 x 8-12 SLDL
3 x 8-12 seated or laying leg curls

Tues- Chest 5 x 7-10 Bench press
3 x 7-10 incline press (usually with dumbells)
3 x 7-10 decline press (always with dumbells)
3 x 8-12 dumbell flyes
3 x 8-12 weighted dips

Wed- Back 4 x 8-12 palms facing away chin-ups
3 x 10-12 deadlift
3 x 8-12 bent over rows (usually barbell)
3 x 8-10 upright rows (usually smith machine)
3 x 8-12 palms facing toward lat pull downs

Thurs- shoulders 4 x 10-12 reverse flyes
3 x 8-10 overhead press
3 x 8-12 medial raises
3 x 8-10 forward raises
3 x 8-10 don't know the name. One an incline with a light dumbell, lay on your side and raise and lower the weight almost like you are swinging a golf club on your side. (for rear delts)

Friday- Arms- 4 x 8-10 straight bar curls
3 x 8-10 seated incline curls
3 x 8-10 single arm isolation curls
******I plan to start doing more hammer curls******
4 x 8-10 overhead tricep extensions with cables
3 x 8-10 tricep pushdowns
3 x 8-10 either skull crusher or reverse grip bench

We often to try to change things up and add new movements, but it usually ends up looking something like this. I had quite a few more weak points in my last show than I do now and I kind of designed this to prioritize them. I am planning to re-structure soon to key in on rear delts, arm thickness and hamstrings. The workouts I listed above take my workout partner and I about 45-60 minutes every day.

Thanks for the comments. You're right L-Dawg. Practice is the key to posing. I haven't been in the mirror much. I was noticing that my legs do seem a little less cut right now then I have seen them recently. Gonna have to try to figure that one out. I wanted to make sure that I didn't keep retaking shots until they came out the way that I wanted them too. On gameday, you have one shot to hit it right and it needs to be second nature. It's about to become a bigger priority starting Tuesday.

OK I just looked more closely at the first two shots and I think I know why your legs looked small to me. the hamstring bulge in both is nto easy to see because directly behind your front leg is the back leg. you want that bulge silhouetted against something lighter. try adjusting the position of your back leg.

On contest day be aware of your surroundings (the color of the backdrop, the position of the judges) so that you can take these tips and apply them.

If I were you I would be keeping a list, and create some sort of mnemonic device to help you remember. when you are up on stage first of all you are gonne be a) feeling like shit and b) really nervous. You need a technique to a) calm you down and make you feel more confident and b) remember everything.

You and I both know the stories of whensomeone came in to a contest without the best physique but won anyway cos of the way he protrayed himself. That's just as important os how your body actually looks.

Lumberg said:
OK I just looked more closely at the first two shots and I think I know why your legs looked small to me. the hamstring bulge in both is nto easy to see because directly behind your front leg is the back leg. you want that bulge silhouetted against something lighter. try adjusting the position of your back leg.

On contest day be aware of your surroundings (the color of the backdrop, the position of the judges) so that you can take these tips and apply them.

If I were you I would be keeping a list, and create some sort of mnemonic device to help you remember. when you are up on stage first of all you are gonne be a) feeling like shit and b) really nervous. You need a technique to a) calm you down and make you feel more confident and b) remember everything.

You and I both know the stories of whensomeone came in to a contest without the best physique but won anyway cos of the way he protrayed himself. That's just as important os how your body actually looks.
You're right about presentation being hugely important. Mental preparation for me is pretty important too. If I'm confident in what I'm doing it will show. Starting next week, the long hours in the gym after work posing will begin. A big reason that I write down everything I eat and when, is just so I can be confident that I'm doing it right. As funny as it sounds, I do keep notes about almost everything I do for contest prep, so I can evaluate what works and what doesn't at a later time. Everyone is different and it is a lot of trial and error to get what is perfect for you. Funny thing is sometimes it changes from show to show. Sounds like you've competed before, maybe?

About the rear double bi pic I posted. I was thinking too much of flaring my back and not enough of pushing my elbows back to show the bi's and delts. There's a happy medium somewhere.

Nope never competed. I'm a student of the game though :D

Keep preparing and I'll be happy to offer whatever criticism I notice. Just another set of eyeballs....

Top Bottom