Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Total diet newbie...

wanderlust

Hi, I'm 160 pounds or so. I currently bicycle 1 hour a day, run/stairmaster for 45 min, and lift for 1 hour or so (2 days of lifting per week, 1 day off cardio)

I know this is 'too much' cardio but I am going mountain climbing so I gotta do it :D

Anyway, I am interested in rehabbing my cruddy diet. My family has a history of cardiac disease so I'd like to be careful about that.

Here is an average day's meals

Breakfast:
Total raisin brain + milk
OJ
apple

Lunch:
PB+J or turkey
banana

Snack:
some chips
coke

Dinner:
rice/pasta
chicken/beef
lotsa veggies

Can you aid me? :D :D thanks

I want to get stronger.

not clear on a lot of things .....

what's your height ... 5'2" or 6'4" ?
Can't tell if 160 lbs. is heavy or thin for your height....

how strong do you want to get ????
are you referring to pure power or endurance (you do a lot of cardio) ????

are you talking like being able to bench press 500 lbs ???? or what ?????

Climbing needs a high strength per pound before and lots of endurance energy during. So, to prepare--eat lots of protein--like at least 1 gram per pound. Dump the chips and the coke (did you need me to tell you that?).

YOu want to build muscle and burn fat--so eat more in the early part of the day, and less at night. Can you do your cardio n any empty stomach. firs thing in the am? You should eat every 2-3 hours, and include protein and some good fats (do a search for what these are) along with some carbs.

When climbing or getting ready to go, up your carbs, so your muscles are nice and full of glucose and eat simple shugars for easy absorption. The last issue of Outside had a good feature about endurance atheletes eating.

Top Bottom