Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

too much protein rash

shougun lie

I'm getting skin rash on my back and chest since I started taking protein(a month ago) I put two and half scoops in my daily shake, am I allergic to it? or I'm taking too much, what other supps can I take to replace protein just in case I'm allergic to it, I need to gain weight and protein had been working good so far.

This is actually a pretty common problem. A lot of adult humans have a lactose allergy. Lactose is the milk sugar naturally found in dairy products. Everyone has different responds to allergic reactions. Some people will experience GI issues, some people with get acne, some people will get a skin rash. It's all very individual.

There are two main types of whey protein available: a whey protein isolate and a whey protein concentrate. The problem with a whey protein concentrate is that it will contain a few grams of lactose (the milk sugar naturally occurring in dairy products) per serving. The majority of adult humans have a lactose sensitivity which can cause GI issues, acne, skin rashes etc. A whey protein isolate on the other hand is essentially pure protein and will have no lactose.

When purchasing a whey protein isolate you want to see nothing in the ingredients list besides whey protein isolate, natural flavours, a natural calorie free sweetener like stevia and maybe some salt, cocoa powder and soy lecithin.

I personally use the whey protein powder isolation from n2bm.com. A 30g scoop has 26g protein, 1g carbs and 0g fat.

Switch to a pure whey isolate protein and I suspect your skin rash will go away.

elimination diet. do it, figure out what is causing your problems and eliminate it

too many people have food allergies and instead of putting in the effort to eliminating it, they run to the doctor who promply put them on drugs which have nasty side effects. i hope you do not end up on a cortico for life

Get rid of the protein powder and just get more protein in with real food. There is definitely something in that product that you are reacting to.

It is highly possible that you are allergic to dairy. Try cutting the protein out and using something else for protein substitution.

Top Bottom