Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

too much protein?

quartermiler said:
Some of you guys confuse me.... 2g's per lb? If you weigh around 300 pounds thats 600 g's of protein... do I hear Kidney Stones? Personally I think 1.5 is enough.... I weigh 170 and I eat about 200g per day... Thats about 1.2g for me... and that seems to be enough... But I do hear you guys when youre talking about how it is harder to meet the requirements from food when you weigh like 200+.... but DAMN 400-600g a protein a day is hard on the kidneys

Actually it is 1.5 to 2 for Lean Body Mass. Since you are probably not 170 pounds at 0% body fat you are probably closer to the recommended 1.5 grams.

um

Isnt the saying you cant absorb more than 40 grams of protein at once an "urban legend"?

I mean the ol' school pros and some of today eat like 100 grams in a sitting and get huge. I make some of my best gains eating at least 100 grams a sitting for only 4 meals a day.

Especially if you are on anabolics and training hard, your body will use every last bit of protein.

I don't think our ancestors,who had to deal with famine and hunting developed bodies that can only digest 40 grams of protein. That just doesn't make sense. Sometimes they might have gorged on 150 grams of protein in one sitting and I bet the body used every last drop, especially if it has been one day since your last meal. Same for us today, if we are tearing down muscle the body will use everything it has to build it back up, especially with anabolic use.

Re: Re: too much protein?

OAKBOX said:

I'd have to agree with him. I read somewhere that the body can't absorb more than 40gm at one sitting (or meal). The rest is just pissed away. Times that by 7 or 8 meals (max) and you get 280 to 320 grams per day... If you can't grow with that much protein then just go visit your gynecologist!

:rainbow:

That's simply an estimation & it doens't take into concideration chemicals that enhance the absorpton potential & rate. I weigh 245 & I can tell a difference when I'm down below 300g of protein. I've tried this method & it didn't work real well, bumped it back up to around 400 & all is good! So, the queston is, do you want to go against the popular opinion & take it upon yourself to eat less protien risking not gaining those few extra pounds that you could have? Or just go with what has been adopted by experienced bodybuilders and get the most out of your gear & hard work?

Re: um

me2dammit said:
Isnt the saying you cant absorb more than 40 grams of protein at once an "urban legend"?

I mean the ol' school pros and some of today eat like 100 grams in a sitting and get huge. I make some of my best gains eating at least 100 grams a sitting for only 4 meals a day.

Especially if you are on anabolics and training hard, your body will use every last bit of protein.

I don't think our ancestors,who had to deal with famine and hunting developed bodies that can only digest 40 grams of protein. That just doesn't make sense. Sometimes they might have gorged on 150 grams of protein in one sitting and I bet the body used every last drop, especially if it has been one day since your last meal. Same for us today, if we are tearing down muscle the body will use everything it has to build it back up, especially with anabolic use.

I believe how much protein you can absord at one sitting is all individual.

The Almighty also believes that shoving a 2 year old rooster down his pants will give him magical powers.

I eat about 2g/lb. Let me tell you something, on cycle, if you can't use ALL of that protein then you suck somethin' fierce. I'm telling you to try a bit over 2g/lb on your next cycle and keep eating that amount for a while after you come off. Your shit will be completely different and you will know that your body cannot use all of that protein without gear. I'm serious. I go by my own excrement and it works wonders for me. My excrement is never wrong.

Nathan said:
The Almighty also believes that shoving a 2 year old rooster down his pants will give him magical powers.

I eat about 2g/lb. Let me tell you something, on cycle, if you can't use ALL of that protein then you suck somethin' fierce. I'm telling you to try a bit over 2g/lb on your next cycle and keep eating that amount for a while after you come off. Your shit will be completely different and you will know that your body cannot use all of that protein without gear. I'm serious. I go by my own excrement and it works wonders for me. My excrement is never wrong.

As odd & as sick as that sounds, you are absolutely correct Nathan. When I'm not on I'm on the john like 3 times a day when I am on it's like a once daily! Nathan goes to his excrement for advice like others go to psychic friends network! :FRlol:

What the hell? $1500 a month for protein powder??? Please tell me that's a typo.

let's say a 5lb container costs $50 (I pay $25). $1500 divided by $50 = 30. There is approx. 30 days in a month, so what that means is that they're consuming a 5-pound bucket of protein a day? -I don't think so!

Nathan said:
I'm serious. I go by my own excrement and it works wonders for me. My excrement is never wrong.

Nathan, karma to you, bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
Thats the best version of defining rational protein intake I've heard so far!
I take 1.5 to 2 a day... Worked for me... With my Sust cycle I'm almost done with gained 24 lbs with no bloat or retention. Gas doesn't bother me much either as Macro said GINGER is the key...
Fuck those assholes who said take 2 scoops of protein only... I see something completely wrong with those guys' marketing strategies... They should be saying "Bro, take as much as you can and then some!" So they can sell a lot...Two scoops... Pathetic marketing... recommended dose... Who listens to recommended doses anyway?

Re: um

me2dammit said:

I don't think our ancestors,who had to deal with famine and hunting developed bodies that can only digest 40 grams of protein. That just doesn't make sense. Sometimes they might have gorged on 150 grams of protein in one sitting and I bet the body used every last drop, especially if it has been one day since your last meal.

What doesn't make sense is for humans to ingest more protein than they can utilize. Our "ancestors" had a diet rich in protein and fat- not carbohydrates. Unless you’re an Adkins dieter, then you will most likely fulfil your dietary needs with carbs and then fulfil your muscular needs with protein. Our “ancestors” could utilize all of the protein they ate because they did not get their energy from carbs. In essence, of the 150gms they gorged on, most if not all of it went to providing the body energy. Some went to providing muscular upkeep, and there was no remainder to be pissed away. Today, however, after a nice pasta dinner, you’ll not need protein for energy- you will piss it away!

Top Bottom