Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is this too much food

ThePolishHammer

At 200 lbs
Is 4500 calories a day too much? Im on a building cycle. Im trying to remain somewhat lean however, below 12%... I balance at 10.
Its split 900 fat/1456 Protien/2250 Carbs/

The fat is literaly 95% healthy fats. Its all from nuts, flax or fish.
The carbs are a healthy as well. With the bulk of them comming from Quinoa. (Similar to oats)
Its spread out over 10 small meals.
I dont juice. Im 19, and Train four times a week. Going hard for about 1 hr.-1hr 15 min. each time.

Only you can tell us.....see how you progress for about 2 weeks and if you are putting on too much fat reduce cals. If you feel ok and seem to be putting on muscle and feel strong in the gym then you are good to go. Just from my experience, that is an ok number to start with. I had to go up to 6000 kcal a day to just maintain weight when I was 19....but I was a very muscular 255 lbs.

Good luck
Ryan

Too much food? Not unless you get physically ill just looking at your plate! :D

(I swear this chicken breast is mocking me..)

And even then you just need to space your meals out more! :)

Seriously though, it depends on a lot of things, like your activity level, your metabolism, etc. I work a pretty physical job, so I've gotta eat more than a similar person who doesn't work would. Not to mention that you're a pretty big guy, so you do need to eat a lot, and more to grow.

One thing you can try, other than just going by the mirror, is having your bodyfat percentage checked via calipers once every week or two. That should give you a pretty good idea of how to adjust your eating. Just make sure you have it done by the same person every time.

Polish,

Be careful what you wish for....it took A TON of work to get there, and once I was, I was uncomfortable as hell all the time. Anyways....just thought I would mention that.

Ryan

I'd agree with bishonen. get your BF checked often, and watch carefully what the mirror tells you as well! If you have regular/good metabolism, then 4500 shouldn't be too bad at all! I know for myself though, if i ate 4500, even bulking, I'd be a Fatticus McFat in no time ;-) However, I don't have a lightning fast metabolism

Top Bottom