Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Too much carbs for cutting?

mm107

High End Bro
Platinum
Hey guys, i have my daily calori intake set around 1800, i know some will say too low, but my BF% is lowering and as people say Dont Fix it if its not broken.

Ok heres my ?

Im currentlyu cutting heres my ratios'

source grams cals %total
Total: 1878
Fat: 27 241 13%
Sat: 10 87 5%
Poly: 2 16 1%
Mono: 2 14 1%
Carbs: 139 490 27%
Fiber: 16 0 0%
Protein: 269 1075 60%

Heres what i ate today also,

8:00
Brown rice/egg whites
Whey Protein/Nonfat Milk

10:00
Go Lean Crunch Cerial
NonFat Milk

12:00
Tuna in a Can (2 cans)

2:00
Turkey Slices from Deli(5)

4:00(riding home from work)
Apple/Fruits

6:00-7:00
Chicken Breat(2)

And if i eat later then that its usually fruits. Also these are all estimated times, they are not exact times =]. Also my Carbs are Good ones i guess, no sugars. And they are ony from my first 2 meals really. Tell me if i am intaking too many carbs foor my diet. I feel that they are high, but im not too sure and want some advice. I didnt usually eat the brown rice in the morning, i would have a shake, but since reading here real food is better then any shake. Thanks!
K for helpfull info.

MM, I don't like your current ratios... are completely too biased toward the protein... besides, you need your fats to burn fats. Try upping your fat to 25-30% while reducing your prot. Your carbs are OK on the 25 ~ 30% range. You need them for lifting.

Are you carb-loading at least once a week?

Yes i am. At least 1 time a week. I take Flax oil/Fish oil ( i got the liquids). Also i eat nuts here and there sometimes throughout the day( i just dont record them down)

Any ideas on what food i should throw in there pintoca? Im down to change it up a little. I just eat alot of protein because of my low cal intake, i figured it was saving some muscles.

And i was eating that percentage of fat because i thought i read in one of your earlier posts said to eat 25-30g of fat a day, i probably miss read it you prob ment 25-30%. Thanks!

yep. percentages...for me 30% fat is almost 70grs/day. Well, as for foods, get some oats in meal 1, and add a yam or 2, (or some whole wheat bread) throughout the day (preferably earlier).

12:00, reduce to 1 can of tuna. I normally don't do double rations (like 2 cans or 2 chicken breasts). I eat one ration and some carbs with it. If you do this you will be ballparking towards the ratios I mentioned.

NICE! you got it! i usually only ate 1 can of tuna i just had a very hard time getting high cal count. Thats why i started t double the tuna, but since i just started doing that i can stop easily. Ok, so i should add oats, and a yam, and eat my tuna with bread. Nice! Sounds yummy. But damn Oats Brown Rice and Eggs! imma going to be so damn bloated! =] Thanks pintoca for shaping up the diet.

pintoca said:
MM, I don't like your current ratios... are completely too biased toward the protein... besides, you need your fats to burn fats. Try upping your fat to 25-30% while reducing your prot. Your carbs are OK on the 25 ~ 30% range. You need them for lifting.

Are you carb-loading at least once a week?

I don't see what's wrong with the protein intake. To preserve as much muscle as possible (not to mention a huge range of other benefits protein provides), at least 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight should be consumed.

And where did you come up with the idea of needing fat to burn fat? That is absolutely ridiculous. I'm not saying fats are bad, but you certainly don't need fat to burn fat. Do you need carbohydrates to burn carbohydrates? Um.... no.

To the original poster. We need your bodyweight and height to see your dietary needs. Still, no matter how much you weigh, 1800 calories is too low. Go with at least 2000.

it is a proven fact of cutting that in order to movilize glycerol stores in your body, EFAs play an important role. The studies can be looked up if you wish, but basically you can tell why ALL the people in the boards take at least some 20% pf their daily cals from EFAs (namely flax and oil... Omega 3 and 6).

So yes, I will repeat it, you need fat to burn fat (obviously the correct type of fat).

The example of carbs to burn carbs is just putting things out of context.

As for protein intake, 270 grs for him are totally overkill for his weight.. Consuming outrageous amounts of protein is not what will protect muscle: Correct timing of meals and correct type of training will.

Pintoca

Hey Azul heres my first post......w/ bf and eveyrthing calculated. 1800 cals is the minimum for men, so i try to hit that.

Damn overkill really? Its only around 250g protein a day! heh Thanks guys

Final Weight Loss Diet Plan! I think i Nailed it! Final Adivce Please!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final Diet Change! Critique One Last Time! Calculated BMR & TDEE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys I calculated evertyhing and here is what they look like.

This is the Formula I used to determine.
I hope these help, i tried to make them as clear as possible. I couldnt figure out how to calculate so i had to do some research but here it is! HOpe this helps some of you.

Harris-Benedict Formula(BMR Based on Total Bodyweight)

Men: BMR= 66 + (13.7 X wt in KG) + (5 X ht in cm) - (6.8 X age in years)
Wom: BMR= 665+ ( 9.6 X wt in KG) + ( 1.8 X ht in cm) - (4.7 X age in years)

Here is my personal equation.

Weight: 80kg
HT: 180cm

BMR= 66+(13.7 X 80kg)+(5 X 80cm)-(6.8 X 18) = 2247.6
BMR= 66+(1096)+(900)-(122.4) = 2247.6

Now that i calculated my BMR this is how i calculated my TDEE...
These are the formulas to get your own.
Sedentary = BMR X 1.2(little or no excercise,desk job)
Lightly Active = BMR X 1.375(light excercise/sports 1-3days wk)
Mod Active = BMR X 1.55(moderate excercise/sports 3-5 days wk)
Very Active = BMR X 1.725(hard excercise/sports 6-7 days wk)
Extr Active = BMR X 1.9(hard daily excercise/sports/marathon training,etc)

Mine would be:

2247.6 X 1.2 = 2697.12 (light activity due to my back, will change in future)

I want to have a 35% calorie deficit.

Formula for Calorie Deficit:

(.35% X TDEE)

So mine is .35 X 2697.12 = 943.95. So that is a 943.95 Calorie Deficit
Leaving my Maximum Calorie Intake at 1753.17kcals

To tell you the truth that is higher then the cals i am eating now. But is that still too low? I hope not. Any Experts on this letme know!
Thanks guys!

pintoca said:
it is a proven fact of cutting that in order to movilize glycerol stores in your body, EFAs play an important role. The studies can be looked up if you wish, but basically you can tell why ALL the people in the boards take at least some 20% pf their daily cals from EFAs (namely flax and oil... Omega 3 and 6).

So yes, I will repeat it, you need fat to burn fat (obviously the correct type of fat).

The example of carbs to burn carbs is just putting things out of context.

As for protein intake, 270 grs for him are totally overkill for his weight.. Consuming outrageous amounts of protein is not what will protect muscle: Correct timing of meals and correct type of training will.

Pintoca

Well, now that you said EFA's that completely changes the picture:) Yes, EFA's do play a rather important role in fat mobilization.

Keep in mind that we do not know his weight. Maybe he is 270 lbs.

If he's weightlifter that already has a strong base, 270g might not be very much. When bulking, I consume around 400g a day, and whether I'm dieting or maintaing, I like to stay at around 250-300.

Bis bald.

Top Bottom