Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Tips for Staying away from The Sweets!!!

BBDoc2012

I have a problem with snacking late at night...icecream, brownies, candy, whatever I can find...and it's really effecting my attitude/ drive to get my body where I want it to be. I' m not overwieght, or unhealthy, I'm 6'1 205lbs and around 11% BF. I notice that when I eat good for a few days in a row I can see the difference in my body, and the vascularity that tends to come out. However, when I eat bad, I also see the difference in the form of bloating. What can I do to help with the late night snacking?

My typical daily diet is as follows:

meal 1- protein shake, fruit, piece of cheese

meal 2- wholewheat waffle with all natural peanut butter

meal 3- tuna sandwich on wholewheat bread, salad

meal 4-chicken/ red meat, vegatbles, brown rice

meal 5- protein shake....and usually some snacks :)

I feel hungry at night and that's the reason why I snack. maybe the problem is lack of calories during the day....if so, any sugestions with diet? I currenty don't take any supplements, and am just trying to lean up due to full school/ volunteering/ research schedule.

Supplementing is a great way that I find helps me keep everything in check.
Multi Vit 2x ED
Fish Oil or Flax Oil with nightly protein shakes.
of course you'll want to look into calcium(not within 1 hour of any protein), vit b12(mornings mid afternoons) and some others..
Just don't buy any crap and have it floating around, you're in control of what you buy... just don't have junk laying around... cuz if its there, it'll be eaten.

BBDoc2012 said:
I have a problem with snacking late at night...icecream, brownies, candy, whatever I can find...and it's really effecting my attitude/ drive to get my body where I want it to be. I' m not overwieght, or unhealthy, I'm 6'1 205lbs and around 11% BF. I notice that when I eat good for a few days in a row I can see the difference in my body, and the vascularity that tends to come out. However, when I eat bad, I also see the difference in the form of bloating. What can I do to help with the late night snacking?

My typical daily diet is as follows:

meal 1- protein shake, fruit, piece of cheese (unusual combo of fruit and cheese, I personally prefer to eat fruit on its own, it digests fast, needs about 20 min, then eat something else. I would eat some complex carbs for brekkie, like the breakfast of champions, old fashioned rolled oats, I mix my whey into the oats after they are cooked.

meal 2- wholewheat waffle with all natural peanut butter (again another interesting choice, are the wholewheat waffles pre-fabricated, or are you making them yourself? Do you have an ingredients list for these?)

meal 3- tuna sandwich on wholewheat bread, salad (Are you making these yourself or buying them? Again, what are the ingredients on the wholewheat bread?)

meal 4-chicken/ red meat, vegatbles, brown rice (this is good, but I have been noticing that you haven't listed any quantities.........)

meal 5- protein shake....and usually some snacks :) (this is not a meal, protein shakes are supplements hun)

I feel hungry at night and that's the reason why I snack. maybe the problem is lack of calories during the day....if so, any sugestions with diet? I currenty don't take any supplements, and am just trying to lean up due to full school/ volunteering/ research schedule.

When are you training in all of this if you are training?

Have you worked out how many calories you need a day, cause it does look a bit low considering your height and weight.

I would be starving on this diet, and starvation diets don't work, as you have found out, leads to binging, which is quite counterproductive.

Your meal 5 AND meal 6 would be a lot better if they were more like your meal 4.

There is also a distinct lack of any healthy fats in your diet besides the PB and tuna.........fat is great for stopping hunger, as does protein (I dont' think protein shakes are great at this though) and veggies are fab as they add a lot of bulk to the diet, make you feel fuller.

Try frozen berries in your protein shake, not a lot of fructose but enough to satisfy the urge.

Tatyana said:
When are you training in all of this if you are training?

I usually train in the mornings, and have a protein shake immediately afterwords.

Have you worked out how many calories you need a day, cause it does look a bit low considering your height and weight.

I haven't worked that out, is there some formula you could give me?

I would be starving on this diet, and starvation diets don't work, as you have found out, leads to binging, which is quite counterproductive.

Your meal 5 AND meal 6 would be a lot better if they were more like your meal 4.

There is also a distinct lack of any healthy fats in your diet besides the PB and tuna.........fat is great for stopping hunger, as does protein (I dont' think protein shakes are great at this though) and veggies are fab as they add a lot of bulk to the diet, make you feel fuller.

The waffles are organic and store bought. The tuna is canned, and I use wholewheat bread with the first ingredient in making the bread wholewheat. I use a small amount of mayo to whip the tuna up.

BBDoc2012 said:
The waffles are organic and store bought. The tuna is canned, and I use wholewheat bread with the first ingredient in making the bread wholewheat. I use a small amount of mayo to whip the tuna up.

Organic is great, but you still need to read the ingredients carefully.

There is still 'health food junk food', and them hippies are reknown for putting sugar in 'health food'.

Some bread also has sugar in it, usually the third or fourth ingredient.

From some of the things I have been reading, there is more to calories with regard to hunger (and I would still suggest you check how many you are eating in the day).

Sugar and simple carbs really cause a serious insulin release. The rapid rise and decrease in sugar in your bloodstream results in 'hormonal hunger'. If you are still getting hungry with a decent number of calories, it is probably this hormonal hunger.

this is a great post as I am sure there are few of us here craving some sweets especially at night. For me, cottage cheese and some raisings have worked well. I realize raising have a bit higher sugar but it works well in my diet. Cottage cheese takes long to digest so it fills me up and holds me. Other wise, dont buy stuff you know you will fall for. This is hard where there are kids in the house, at least mine.

Hope this helps.

caribeman said:
this is a great post as I am sure there are few of us here craving some sweets especially at night. For me, cottage cheese and some raisings have worked well. I realize raising have a bit higher sugar but it works well in my diet. Cottage cheese takes long to digest so it fills me up and holds me. Other wise, dont buy stuff you know you will fall for. This is hard where there are kids in the house, at least mine.

Hope this helps.
Thats good advice right there. If its not in the house you can't eat it. :)

Top Bottom