Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

tips on slow burning carbs

Sam stiles

I started my bulking stage last week, I have been lifting heavy and taking all supps needed, whey, creatine multi v etc...I'm struggling with my diet, I have zero knowledge on nutrition so I was wondering since slow burning carbs are essential for bulking, like read online, I need some ideas on which carbs are those to include in my diet, thank you.

White rice, cream of rice, jasmine rice, ezekial bread, and anything green.

Those are pretty much my main carb sources.

Oatmeal bloats me like a fat cow and takes forever to digest, same with brown rice.

what are your stats?

if you want to bulk, you eat more man. it is really works, eating more.

but you have to be consistent with it. skinny guys piss me off when they bitch that they can't gain weight, because I ask them what they eat everyday and it is all kiddie food and fake food. protein shakes, weight gainers, fruit loops, milk, poptarts.. it is all kiddie food. everytime you eat that crap you are losing out on eating real food

here is a quick list of real food

chicken, turkey, grassfed beef, pastured eggs, fish
sweet potatoes, rice, raw oats, grains
green veggies, fruit.

Carbs: oatmeal, sweet potatoes, 1 fruit each day, rice, any veggies
Protein: chicken, turkey, fish (fatty and white), whole eggs, egg whites, beef
Fats: salmon, avocados, coconut oil, walnuts, almonds

The key when choosing carbohydrates is to choose low GI carbohydrates. Those will raise blood sugar the slowest.

For example, white rice has a much higher GI index and will raise blood sugar much faster then brown rice. White rice has the hull of the rice bran removed which makes it digest much faster. Brown rice is unprocessed and contains the whole rice grain. Brown rice contains more fibre and is slower digesting and will raise blood sugar much slower as a result.

The best carbohydrates to base your diet around are brown rice, oatmeal, quinoa, and sweet potato. Along with fruits and vegetables of course.

Here is an example of a good quality lean mass diet:

Top Bottom