Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Tips for breakfast

Someone trying to lose weight needs to eat breakfast every single morning to jump start their metabolism and eat a small healthy meal or snack every couple hours to keep their metabolism going you going you do not eat less and cut out meals to lose weight

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

i got some time this morning so let me answer these things and give you some science to back it up which people can chew on

what you are saying is correct. the more you eat the more your metabolism goes up and the less you eat the less your metabolism is.

however you aren't taking into account 2 things. hormones and body chemistry

I will give you 2 examples of people

person 1: skinny vegan. eats a salad and some fruit everyday. probably 1200-1500 calories a day. slow metabolism

person 2: 260 pounds fat person who eats tons of food, eats huge breakfast, every 2 hours and eats probably 5000 calories a day. has a fast metabolism

one has a slow metabolism and is skinny
one has a fast metabolism and stays fat

so you see metabolism doesn't mean anything. in nature animals change their metabolism all the time to survive. so do humans
in africa for example lions have slower metabolisms during famine and faster metabolisms during the rainy season when food is plentiful. humans evolved the same way. it is how we managed to survive through the weather, droughts, wars, disease, viruses, volcanoes, bugs, etc.

so my point is metabolism can be changed and we do change our metabolism on a day to day and even hour to hour basis. if our bodies didn't do that we would have gone extinct a long time ago. so yes metabolism is a factor but it is highly overrated by people and not well understood.

now i will go a step forward and again agree with you in principle that eating in a deficit everyday is a bad idea. it 100% is. let me explain why. let's say you are overweight and used to eating 4000 calories a day. one day you say fuck it let me drop my calories to 2000 everyday. your metabolism will also drop along the way so initially you will lose weight but over time that will slow down as your metabolism catches up to how much food you are eating. so yes calorie deficit diets do not work for that reason because now the fat person is stuck with a worse metabolism and goes back to eating their regular diet and gains everything back. body memory at work

with fasting your metabolism doesn't get ruined. when you fast your body goes into flight or fight mode so it will want to find food. so there is a difference between fasting and eating in a calorie deficit.

the 2nd thing is hormones which plays a huge role in our bodies chemistry

when insulin rises and stays high you will go into storage mode. so eating a huge breakfast and then eating every 2 hours will keep your body storing all day. your insulin stays up but also your glucagon stays low. that might be ideal for a huge bodybuilder trying to get and stay big and many do follow that. however it isn't good at all for health. this is why many bodybuilders become type 2 diabetics. they train their body to become insulin resistant

so i would encourage people to NOT follow the big breakfast and every 2 hour thing if you want to mantain long term health. having a 'fast metabolism' does not necessarily mean what people perceive it to mean. if you do want to follow this then you should be doing fasting to offset the health damage. that is why big dudes like Hadi Choopan and Big Ramy fast 1 month out of the year and stay big and then eat a shit ton of food during their offseason. its all about proper balance if you want to be a bodybuilder and not shave years off your life

every notice on survival shows (the real thing, not dumb shows like survivor) that the big bulked up bodybuilder has to tap like after 2 days? well my above points are the reason
the beefed up dude has to eat every 2 hours or they go hypo and get all dizzy and their HR shoots up. your body gets trained this way. i would encourage anyone who is used to big breakfast, eating all day to train your body out of that ASAP. make your body stronger, not weaker. it will take 2-3 weeks to shake yourself out of that but the health benefits are amazing and you won't be a slave to food

Last edited:
don't know how any of you skip breakfast... 4 eggs, bowl of oats and a protein shake by 9am or I start to get irritable

Good info Steve. Thanks. Yea I understand what your saying. I agree fasting wouldn't ruin metabolism or diet. Wasnt saying it would. But most ppl here told op to skip breakfast. No he shouldn't unless he's fasting that day! And ppl with muscle and trying to keep do need meals every so often. Maybe not when fasting. I get it. Good reply. Appreciate it.

Top Bottom