Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Tips for binge eaters...

*DISCLAIMER* These tips are for the people that have a serious binge eating disorder and cannot control themselves.

1. Deny hunger. Keep telling yourself your not hungry. Think of it this way - How good would it be to tell yourself your hungry!
2. Drink lots of ice water.
3. If you should feel the need to binge drink so much water that your too full to eat.
4. Eat on a blue or black plate. Dark colors usually make you feel fuller, faster.
5. Eating your meals on a smaller plate can create the illusion that you're eating more.
6. When you get a craving, count to 100 really slowly, and it might pass.
7. Focus especially on the first three bites. After that, the excitement of eating will begin to slowly subside, and you'll probably be content with a smaller portion.
8. Have a peppermint, peppermints decrease hunger.
9. Freeze Drinks such as Diet coke and low fat milk, then eat them with a spoon while they defrost, its surprising filling!
10. Try drinking more hot beverages, especially in fall and in winter. Hot liquids expand the intestinal tract and make you feel full. A warm drink can help take the edge off your hunger, preventing overindulging later. In fact, soup can do the same. Hot water: makes you feel warm and full inside.
11. Eat Ice! It can make you feel like your eating!
12. When your tempted to eat, pull out your scrapbook, remind yourself how bad you want to be ripped.
13. Spin in circles (last resort) like you did when you were a kid. It makes you to sick to eat.
14. If you're ever feeling tempted, just remember the 4 D's: Distance yourself from the food. Move as far away as possible. Distract yourself. Do anything that keeps your hands busy and your mind off food. Delay eating. Don't eat until you've given yourself 10 minutes. Chances are the craving will pass and you won't want to eat anyway.
15. Decide what your goals really are. Write down how much weight you want to lose and by which date. You might just be put off eating when you see how far you've got to go.
16. Go take a nap. If you don't get at least 6 hours then your appetite is increased by 15%!
17. Pay attention to when and what you are eating. Ask yourself: "Do I really want to eat this?"
18. Brush your teeth. A fresh mouth helps keep you from wanting to eat. When you get the urge to eat, rinse your mouth with strong mouthwash. Food won't taste that great. Brush your teeth after every meal. Brush and floss after your evening meal; many people agree this helps avoid late-night cravings for snacks.
19. Chew every bite at least thirty times. Your food will taste better and you will be much more satisfied. Don't swallow until the entire flavor is gone from each bite
20. Pump up the volume. Snack on "air-filled" foods, like popcorn, instead of denser pretzels or chips to eat less.
21. Fiber expands in the stomach, so you fill up fast on few calories. Add more veggies, fruits or whole grains to meals. If you must eat fill up on fruit (some, high in carbs) and veggies, cause there low in calorie! Eat healthy snacks like carrots, celery, lettuce, etc.
22. Suck on lollypops (no sugar ones of course), and chew gum.
23. Stay away from the refrigerator.

Most of all I find you just really have to want it bad to do it. If you are determined and motivated enough I find that over-eating is not even an option. It wont even enter your mind. You have to want to complete your goal more then to satisfy your taste buds. It really helps if you have an obsession with eating healthy, as with obsessions you trap yourself into a mode where your brain does not allow you to eat certain things. Though I don't recommend being obsessed, alot of us are. Me included definitly!!! But it can do good if used properly, and that I recommend...

best tip for binge eaters... consume fibrous foods when having a binge. You will fill up faster and net less calories in the end, while still feeling the same feelings of satisfaction post meal.

Thank you guys very much for the replies. I was hoping to hear from some people,.. it makes it all worth it :) I'm gonna do some thinking about more psychological ways to deal with binge eating, but that may take some time...

Good post!!

I usually eat before I get hungry but if I do get hungry I drink lots of water to try and kill off the cravings until I do eat. It seems to work for me so I keep to it!!

hey! when I get the urge to binge I usually make it go away by eating a blue blender fuckload of candy and poptarts. works like a charm!

try this
snickers 2x8
m&ms 5x1 bag
poptarts 6x2 boxes!!!

Top Bottom