Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Timing of Pre-Workout Shake

ErikZ

The article below was removed from T-Natio (posted by another guy in this forum) and now I will experiment with a Whey + Maltodextrin shake Before and one after my workout. HOWEVER, how long before should I ingest it? Will it hinder the absorption of other pre-workout substances like White Blood Nitrous Oxide and PureCEE Creatine Ethyl Esther?

Need HELP guys. I will post my results as soon as possible.

Cheers,

Erik

2. Pre workout Nutrition will divert blood flow away from muscles during the workout.

One of a plethora of excuses made in an attempt to resist preworkout nutrition; this myth actually makes a lot of sense…until you become familiar with the physiology of hormones. Looking deeper, we can find that the insulin stimulated by food intake, actually enhances blood flow and subsequent nutrient delivery to muscles (Coggins et al., 2001).

Applying this principle, liquid pre workout meal consumption dramatically increases muscle blood flow and protein synthesis (Tipton et al., 2001). This elevation in muscle growth is at least twice that observed with the same drink taken post workout (Tipton et al., 2001)! In fact, this effect even lasts for an hour after the workout, so it’s like having 2 drinks for the price of 1! If you want more detail on this topic check out the article on Arginine blood flow stimulators.

Fortunately, early resistance to this research is falling by the wayside, and people are finally starting to reap the benefits that this practice has to offer. While "pre workout nutrition" just doesn’t sound as sexy as "post workout nutrition," actually doubling our muscle growth should seem pretty damn sexy to everyone!

3. The post workout meal is the most important meal of the day.

I have to admit that with all the hype on post-workout meals over the past few years, I got tangled up in this myth, too. Realistically though, as great as they are, a single post-workout meal will have minimal impact compared to what can happen if your nutrition is completely optimized. Of course it’s heresy to say that these days, but that’s a result of the myth building on itself more than any factual data. For example, as discussed in the myth #2, pre-workout meals can be 200% more effective for stimulating muscle growth compared to post-workout (Tipton et al., 2001).

Perhaps even more important than the pre-workout meal is the old standard: breakfast. No this article isn’t part of a conspiracy by MABB (Mom’s Against Bad Breakfasts) to promote the importance of this meal. Just think about it: being essentially fasted for 8-10 hours is incredibly destructive for muscle -yes even if you eat cottage cheese before bed.

This is especially true in trained individuals like us, because we have higher rates of muscle breakdown (Phillips et al. 2002) The faster we can stop this catabolism once we wake up, the better. In fact, one could even argue that the amount of muscle protein spared from this first meal would be equal to, or even greater, than that gained by a post workout meal.

Also, consuming a high quality slow protein before bed, like Low-Carb Grow! with micellar casein, will largely mitigate the catabolic effect induced by nocturnal fasting. Taking this one step further, nighttime eating will actually put your muscle into anabolic overdrive, by supplying even more amino acids to stimulate this metabolic process.

Finally, a second post workout meal can be even better for protein synthesis than the first, but I’ll get to that one in a bit.

Mini-Summary: Nocturnal feedings, breakfast, preworkout meals, and multiple post workout meals can be more beneficial for muscle growth than a single post workout meal.

I'd pop the PureCEE 30 mins before working out. Start sipping the shake before that take the CEE 1/2 way through and sip until finished then workout.

That's just what'd I do to experiment.

Sometimes we analyze to much.

:coffee:

iM def gonna start the Pre-Workout Nutrition with you. We can be the Test Dummies.

PM some details on how your going to do it or post it here and i can try it out as well.

Im thinking 1hr pre-workout for the shake. Whey/Malto.

No creatine, nothing. Just Whey/Malto Pre-workout.

Then Whey/Malt/dex After Workout.

What were the splits again for the Whey/Dex/Mal?

I scoop whey, half scoop dex and half scoop mal?

I like 30g of whey + 30g of malto PRE + 6caps of purecee + 5 of white blood

BTW Sarge, you think you can get Ulter or macro to comment on absorption of PureCee with a protein shake?
Thanx :p

MEAL 1 HOUR - 2 HOURS PREWORKOUT...THEN JUST WATER BRO....dont tax your system any more than it already is from training.....

JKurz1 said:
MEAL 1 HOUR - 2 HOURS PREWORKOUT...THEN JUST WATER BRO....dont tax your system any more than it already is from training.....

Thanx brow...
Its cause I am relating to that little post up there... but I get your point.
Don't eat your face off prior to lifting :p

Thanx for answering, will give u some K

MM107 said:
iM def gonna start the Pre-Workout Nutrition with you. We can be the Test Dummies.

I just started this last week :) I train AM though so I pop 4 caps Purecee & have Pre & Post Shake ... just use Gatorade & ISO AGB for now ... working great so far

I have, for awhile now, been taking in 20-30g whey and 15g dex and 15g malto pre w/o, about 15 min beforehand. post w/o i take 45g whey, 40g dex and 40g malto (like always)

using the pre- shake I have noticed a significant stablization in energy levels throughout my workout. I used to get fatigued easy, but with the shake I notice I always have energy, regardless of the time of day of my workout (which used to affect it).

I recommend it.

I am considering switching my post shake to whey (46g) and gatorade mix (46+g), just to mix it up. Any thoughts?

Gatorade is supposed to supply you with good, quick absorbed carbs. I think it is suitable to substitute your carbs post workout with Gatorade. The only issue is that from what I see, you take 80g of carbs post workout, while gatorade, if I am not mistaken, consists of 17g of carbs (not sure though, depends on how much you drink I guess). So take that into account. But I am sure that gatorade is a complete source of good, rapid-absorption carbohydrates.

Cheers,
Erik :)

Top Bottom