Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Thyroid Hormones to lose weight?

honeyb

I was wondering if anyone could help me out on this..i am considering taking Synthroid or some other prescription thyroid medication to help with my weight loss effort. I went to the doctor and she diagnosed me as 'boderline hypo thyroid' but says its not enough to give me a prescription. ive tried other doctors but can get one even though there is a history of hypothyroid in my family. everyone tells me that my weight is healthy for my height 5'9 and 160 lbs but ive been cutting calories and excersizing 5 days a week ( 45mins to 1.5 hrs of cardio and 1/2 hr to 45mins weights) and i have only lost 14lbs in three monthes and i cant get past this plateau. i think taking thyroid meds might help me reach my goal ( 135 )but i dont want to take them for the rest of my life. is there some way to cycle these and loose weight? what are your suggestions?

Firstly you should be proud of your success! going from 185 to 160 in three months is good work. Much harder for females to pull that sort of thing off. Secondly, how long have you been at your plateau for? Do you count calories? How many per day? When do you do your cardio ( i find best before breakfast on an empty stomach for fat loss). There are many things you should look at and consider before taking thyroid hormones. Yes they are out there, yes if used appropriatly they can be effective. But given your history and your current success, why dont we see if we can explore other alternatives.

i believe you can make your goal w/out t3, since you've been diagnosed as borderline... taking the t3 will ultimately lead you to hypothyroidism when you come off and you'll end up having to rely on it, which you don't want.

Well there are ways to naturally boost your thyroid levels. How often do you eat? What's your amount of cals per day along with diet ratios? Are you sure you're not starving yourself and killing your metabolism more?

With all that being said, I love T3. It's awesome, you can go on it and then off of it and be fine. Yes, afterwards you will be lead to a slight case of hypothyroidism but it won't be permanent. Now, this is some strong stuff and if you don't do it right you will be on it for life to be normal so don't play around with it. Do some serious research into it.

All of it won't matter though if you're diet is wrong. T3 is best used for the case of you're trying to drop weight for a event, like a show or a photo shoot. You shouldn't cycle it on and off all year like creatine.

Top Bottom