Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

three big meals vs 6-7 small meals a day

fiorentinogourt

for somebody trying to get cut and gain muscle,, a person with fast metabolism while lifting and doing cardio, what would be the best way to consume meals, 6 small meals a day or the regular three big meals? thank you.

for somebody trying to get cut and gain muscle,, a person with fast metabolism while lifting and doing cardio, what would be the best way to consume meals, 6 small meals a day or the regular three big meals? thank you.
better will be small meals, each 2_3 hours max, better metabolism, hormone food receptors better, food benefits consumption more accurate, liver and stomach function better...

Sent from my HUAWEI TIT-U02 using Tapatalk

To get cut - eat less. To gain muscle, eat more. The number of meals doesn't make enough of a difference to be meaningful in most trainees.

Steve just want to query what you said .....
" the number of meals don't make enough of a difference " what do you mean mate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the whole eat smaller meals throughout the day vs. large meals is bro science. your metabolism won't make a lick of difference !! this is MYTH has been disproven but people still parrot it

look what Mike Rashid does. he eats 1 meal a day! thats all. EAT LESS and LESS OFTEN to cut

if you want to bulk and gain mass then eat more, more often. the average american eats 3 large meals a day + snacks all day. and they are FAT. so no eating a lot during the day doesn't help you lose weight lol

when you are constantly eating you are spiking insulin, that causes your body to store food. so instead this is what i do to stay lean: i workout, and then don't eat for hours after. ride the wave, during this time your body will not STORE FAT. this is good.

Small meals throughout the day are the best because they lead to the most stable blood sugar levels and a constant flow of amino acids in your blood. With stable blood sugar levels, your body is less likely to store body fat. A constant flow of amino acids favour a muscle building environment.

That being said - remember big picture. It takes about 8 hours to fully digest a meal. Worrying about 3 meals vs 4 vs 5 vs 6 is kind of nit picking.

The MOST important thing is your calorie and macronutrient intake at the end of the day. Break down your calorie and macronutrient total into however many meals best fits your schedule.

Steve just want to query what you said .....
" the number of meals don't make enough of a difference " what do you mean mate?

Baring in mind Steve's reply above...

Lets assume, just for a moment, that there WAS some difference. How much of a difference is the question. Is it 100kcals a day? 200kcals? That's insignificant.

Now I've said, using myself as an example, that over the 38 years I've lifted it might add up to something. But it means NOTHING to most trainees and gym users. I've seen the stats and I know how long most stay in the game. By way of example most gym users used to last no more than 12-16 weeks.

If that number is accurate then a 100 calories a day for a few weeks... and then they stop lifting... means nothing.

I think whatever is more convenient for you. If you can easily eat 6-7 meals and enjoy smaller portions then go for it. If you prefer larger meals less frequently then do that. In the end it really only comes down to total calories in vs calories out.

I think whatever is more convenient for you. If you can easily eat 6-7 meals and enjoy smaller portions then go for it. If you prefer larger meals less frequently then do that. In the end it really only comes down to total calories in vs calories out.

convenience for me makes it a bit difficult to get in a full meal in an appropriate time to get to the gym not so full with som nutrients from digestion ; and may be difficult to get in a regular meal right after the gym. so something is to be said for pre-intra-post snacks like whey. so that automatically adds 2 more small meals to total.

Top Bottom