Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is there such thing as TOO much Water?

DrBones

Hey guys,
For each glass of ice cold water you drink your body will burn one calorie to raise that water to your bodies temperature. I have read posts on here where people claim to drink 50 8-10oz glasses of water a day. While this seems like a great way to burn off an extra 500 calories a day, can there be any dangers in this?
I probably drink around 25 10 oz glasses a day, and after about the first 4, my piss looks like it could be reconsumed its so damn clear. I was telling my dad about it the other day, he is no nutritionist or anything like that, but he mentioned something about flushing a lot of valuable vitamins and minerals out of your system. And if you drink to much water you can actually over hyrdate yourself which somehow results in dehydration???? Maybe from pissing excessively? I dunno...
Does anybody have any information they can share about this?
Thanks!
Ryan

Oh yea...
IF I'm slamming like 20-40 10oz glasses of water a day... am I going to start retaining huge ammounts of water? If so will my fat cells be retaining much? I'm in the process of cutting and don't want to look like a Bloated fish.
Thanks

Drinking ice water to burn cals is not a good idea, diet and cardio are much better. As for too much water, a little while ago there were a couple articles about people dieing from too much water consuption. It was people that had gotten some kind of poisoning and so their doctor said to drink a lot of water and they went a little crazy(or maybe they just wanted to burn more calories). I think at 19 liters in a day it becomes fatal but I dont remember. I would say to drink a gallon to a gallon anda half and just do extra cardio or eat less if your worried about the cals.

Thanks for the info Greek Freak. I do diet and I do a LOT of cardio, I was just curious if I constantly drank water all day at work if it would have some positive side effects... can't really work out at work ;)
Do you know roughly how many oz's are in a litre? I'm guessing somewhere around 30.
19 Litres of water a day.. wholy shit.. thats a lot of freakin fluids to be sucking in.
Anyways, I appreciate the info
Thanks
Ryan

Water hurt nobody, your body is mainly water!

"The human body is from 50-65% water. But not all body components have the same water percentage. Your blood, for example, is 90% water, your brain is 85%, your muscle is 72%, your skin is 71%, your bone is 30%, and your fat is 15%.

As your body experiences dehydration, you feel it first in those systems that contain the most water. For example, you lose your mental alertness and you suffer from overall muscular weakness. The last component that dehydration affects is your fat. That's why excessive sweating makes almost no dent in reducing your body-fat percentage."

Every little bit counts, I have been able to lose a 1/4 inch of my waist a day by drinking 1.5 gallons of ice cold water, in combo with a lower carb diet and sprinting. 1 inch in a week has happened to me as well.

Why would you flush vitamin and minerals out?
Drinking lots of water is how you get rid of water retention! Your body knows there is plenty of water coming in, so it starts to piss out all the excess water out.

read this article ok :)

http://www.classicx.com/html/body_2super.html

"During these courses, I proved that chilled water was a significant boon to the fat-loss process. I actually had some of my subjects progress up to two gallons of fluid a day. Interestingly, the individuals in my programs who consistently drank the most cold water tended to lose the most fat."

So drink away baby :fro:

Last edited:
there is something wrong if you're constantly thirsty..try adding a bit of sea salt to your food or water..

Constatntly being thirsty "I mean severe thirsty all the time is a sign of being diabetic"...

You have to drink a LOT of water to hurtyourself or overhydrate, i wouldn worry about it......

The more water you drik the more you flush out, unless your eating a ludicrous amount of sodium you wont retain water for drinking more.....

Peace

YES YOU CAN HAVE TOO MUCH WATER! There is a condition called SIADH (syndrome of Inappropriate Anti-Diuretic Hormone) which is caused from tumors (commonly pituitary or lung Ca) or it can be Psycogenic (self induced) Regardless of the cause this condition can be Fatal, due to Hyponatremia (Low sodium), and if you have had any basic biology, you would know that Sodium and Potassium play an important role in Cardiac Conduction, Nerve Impulses, and Skeletal muscle contraction. If you disrupt the balance of by flooding your body with liters upon liters of H2O (especially if you havent slowly built up to that amt) You can cause muscle cramping, tremors, and Cardiac Arrhytmias (possibly death).

Top Bottom