Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Theoretically What Would Happen In This Situation?

Tonkabosh

OK I'm halfway through my first cut, which by the way is going great. I've come from 254lbs down to 220lbs, whilst retaining "most" of my strength, which I'm happy about. As this was my first ever cut (I put it off for years unfortunately) I've had numerous questions, but this is one I feel I need to be answered properly, therefore if you guys can help me out I'd appreciate it. Anyway...

Let's say a person is cutting on 2800 Kcals a day. For this situation we'll say that 2800 is the number that has been proven to work for this person in terms of losing fat/weight. Now what exactly would happen if one day that person ate 2850-2900 calories instead of their usual 2800? Would that cause the whole day to have just been a waste of time in terms of losing fat? Will that person NOT lose fat (as little as one day of fat burning may be) considering he ate 50-100 more calories than is needed for them to lose fat? 50-100 may not be enough to do anything, and IF that is the case then how many calories OVER their recommended (which is 2800) would be a problem?

I only ask, because I currently weigh all my foods etc, but 'sometimes' (very rarely, but it DOES happen) I'll run out of a certain type of food and I'll have to go to the store quickly & buy some more. Now sometimes the store doesn't have the same brand of food (let's take wholemeal bread for example) therefore I'm forced to purchase a different brand. At the end of the day, they're both the exact same "type" of food but the brand is different, therefore it can cause complications when it comes to measuring out portion sizes. For example, one slice of bread from ___________ may be a different size to the slice of bread from ___________ etc. Due to this, it's most likely inevitable that I'll be eating more calories than needed due to the different size & ingredients in the food, even though they're basically the same thing.

Anyway, like I said above, I hope you guys can help me out with this & let me know if it'd pose any problems to my cut (and if so, WHAT exactly?). Thanks in advance.

Assuming 2800 calories is what you need to cut, it should still be quite a bit below maintenance, therefore one day with 50-100 more calories would still leave you in a calorific defeicit. Which means you'll still be losing weight.

Ah OK I understand now, but why do people suggest going 500 below maintenance if consuming any number of calories below maintenance will cause fat loss? Is it basically just to speed things up?

Thanks.

Ah OK I understand now, but why do people suggest going 500 below maintenance if consuming any number of calories below maintenance will cause fat loss? Is it basically just to speed things up?

Thanks.

Probably because its a nice number to drop without going low enough that your under your BMR, or in starvation mode. 500 a day for a week is 3500 calories, which is a pound of fat.

Top Bottom