Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

TDEE Calculator Accuracy

JayMC

Are TDEE calculators really that accurate? According to the calculator I’m currently in a 600- 700 cal deficit. I also do 30 minutes of cardio a day and heavy weight training four times a week. Mind you this the the first real cut I’ve ever done so I’m learning. Only don’t lean bulks and recomp. I am four weeks into my cutting cycle which is test and NPP. I wasn’t expecting to scale not to move too much because of water retention so I was using the mirror more as my guide. After four weeks It doesn’t look like I’ve lost an ounce of fat. Am I in too deep of a deficit so my bodies trying to hold onto fat? i’m not losing any strength and my muscle is definitely more full. Do I need a bigger deficit? Below is an example of what a day of eating looks like currently.

1) granola pre workout
2) shake (Greek yogurt, banana, almond milk, natural peanut butter, spinach) and 2 hard boiled eggs
3) lunch - lean turkey, chicken, or tuna with 1 cup rice
4) Dinner - Lean meat or fish, sweet potatoes, rice, veggies,
5) cottage cheese.

Calories around 2,100-2,200
Protein 190-200 grams
Carbs 150 grams
Fat 70 grams

Sent from my iPhone using EliteFitness

Ok so what’s the answer then? It sure what I’m doing wrong. A deficit should result in fat loss. When I don’t track or when I do I can grow muscle. I just can never get rid of this fat I had left over from a long time ago when I’m as skinny fat. I busted my ass to build muscle but I can’t get more than two abs visible. And chest fat remains the same. It’s not a lot it it’s extremely frustrating that I can’t get rid of it no matter what I do

Sent from my iPhone using EliteFitness

Stevesmi is correct. You can't rely on counting calories or running a deficit. Different foods in and of themselves are more energetically expensive to store or use, and lowering your caloric intake in turn slows your metabolism. It is a very complex balancing act and you are likely better served by methods like intermittent fasting.

Top Bottom