Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

TDEE=2181calories is this enough to lose fat.

curiousken

Hello, Looking to get rid of the old inner tube that is in place of a real waistline but, do not want to sacrafice any muscle. I found my BMR and * that by light activity to get 2729 calories, from there I subtracted 20% to get 2181calories. Current weight is 203lbs down from 216lbs from just cutting out sugar, soda and empty calories now. I have hit a plateau and am having trouble losing. Working out EOD with low impact cardio to 30min then 30min of weight training. I will stay on this schedule until my body get's used to working out again.
Protein intake daily =160grams
Calories = 2000 to 2200
Fat = 35 to 60 grams
Carbs = unsure but its definately my main source of energy
Age= 29
Body Fat Estimate= 20%
Im open for criticism.... Thanks!

Thanks Ozzie for the info. Carbs are my weakspot for sure and it's hard to get good one's cause Im on a military base in Iraq with limited amount of good stuff. Looks like I should be sending home for a health food shopping list. I was thinking of adding some Omega-3 for my good fats, seems to be mostly bad one's here. Will do on the push for cardio.... 45minGrrrrrrr.

swap the weights and cardiio round so that the weights are first. You'll use up the glycogen for that, which will make your body use fat as its main source or the cardio. Light activity on a military base? Id of thought you'd need alot more food then that tbh!

Ha, light activity is really an understatement, but I choose that multiplier because there is no way I could eat the amount of calories required at the moderate or above level.

If the calories are too little then you wont lose the fat. Infact, you'd end up storing more as the body goes into starvation mode.

i would take a different aproach. just start removing some carbs now. mostly from the evening hours and do your cardio as soon as you get up in the morning before you eat. cut out the extra crap to like sauces and all of that flavoring stuff. flavor with the leafy green seasonings and peppers, onions instead.

imo all this bmr tdee take this percentage from that formula science is inacurate garbage. just take a little at a time and look in the mirror. cutting as all about looks so use the mirror is the tool you need. pictures are good also take them weakly to see your results.

Eat more work more.

As you lower your calorie intact, your metabolism slows down. As you increase it, it speeds up. For every one calorie you eat, your body doesn't gain a calorie of fat, it accelerates it's metabolism to adjust for the increase(although negligibly small at that level.)

If you are plateu'ing, kick your ass for a few weeks with more work. Wake up before work and go to the gym every day. After work, go run for an hour.

I have found that a ton of plateus are caused by people just getting lazy. "I'll cut 15 minutes here." or "I'll eat a bit more there." Just bust your ass eating perfect and working hard.

Starting A.M cardio combined with P.M weight training and cardio. Umm, Yes this should do it or there is seriously something else wrong. I better eat more or else I am going to be totally drained. BTW Glad to be here on this board. I will post my progress with some pics later on as results can be seen.

Top Bottom