Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Taking ALA before Drinking beer, Good idea or no?

scout420

Planning on drinking some beer tommorrow and probably alot, so would it be benneficial to take ALA befor I start to drink.

Good Q. If you're on a low carb and you're gonna booze (alc + carbs) then go straight back to low carbs the next day, what kind of effects would there be?

Of course, beer's not great while on a diet. I'm not sure about how well ALA deals with alcohol though, as that's the bulk of the calories in beer.

I'll bump it, I was wondering the same thing. Seems like it would help your liver out a bit also for the occasional drinking night.

a Miller lite only has 4g of carbs, if you drink 10 that's only 40, not toooooo much to worry about. I'd stick to rum and diet.

bump on this as I see it's importance- not that I'm using it as an excuse to get trashed or anything but the question needs to be delt with.

Some may not agree with me, but...

ALA is a very powerful antioxidant and is extremely effective with the liver as it stimulates L-Glutathione production, which is responsible for detoxifying chemicals from your body, such as alcohol. I believe you will find that you can drink more, as this is what has happened to me on occasion, and my liver was a "super liver" when mega-dosing ALA.

Any comments?

Big Mack

the only interest of taking ALA before drinking would be to protect your liver...I can't see another good point

Top Bottom