Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

sweet potatoes and yams?

Flemings

I see a lot of bodybuilder diets which include sweet potatoes and yams but then i look at the calorie count in them and it is super high plus they are very high on the glycemic index. so i am confused how they are eaten so much and people stay lean on them. i thought calories in/out was all that mattered? also how many do you eat per day?

one of the things i try so hard to educate people on is that a calorie isn't a calorie. all a calorie is is a unit, a number.

also different foods partition differently. a sweet potato will have a different effect on your body than a piece of cake even though they have the same calories lol

oh and people in Okinawa eat tons of sweet potatoes (60% of their fucking diets for goodness sake) and last i checked they were super lean and the healthiest people on the fucking planet.

so don't pay attention to any moron who tells you that a calorie is a calorie and you should avoid sweet potatoes. they are loaded with nutrition. on your feeding days if you can eat 1 or even 2 you are doing yourself a huge favor

sweet potatoes are more nutritious than a regular potato because of their high content of vitamin A. we need vitamin A for our immune health and to help our HPTA function better.

both have nutritional value, just make sure to get organic to take advantage of that and always include sweet potatoes with your regular potatoes so you can take advantage of the extra vitamins.

the reason regular potatoes get such a bad rap is because how they are eaten. they are almost always made into fries, mashed potatoes, or baked and smothered in gravy, butter, bacon bits, and cooked in hydrogenated oils. nobody wants to eat a regular potato plain but a sweet potato all you need is some cinnamon and you are g2g.

i implore guys to eat tons of sweet potatoes! one of the top 3 bodybuilder foods in existance. all you gotta do is throw it into an air fryer for 40 minutes and then add cinnamon and you have a healthy and sweet treat

Top Bottom