Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sweet Potato pie recipes

Here's one I made up myself.

Ingredients:
4 large sweet potatos
1 quart of eggnog
2 tbsp of brown sugar
1 tsp mulling or pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp cinnamon
1 box graham crackers
1 stick of butter
1 pie pan

Optional:
Whip cream, marsh mallows, or ice cream.

Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Take four large sweet potatos and cut them up into 1/2" discs. Put them in a baking dish. Add enough eggnog to cover the pieces then add in a couple of tablespoons of brown sugar and the spices. Put the dish into the oven and cook until the potatos are soft. While the filling is cooking crumble up enough of the graham crackers to cover the pie pan. Melt the butter and add to the crumbs until you get a paste like consistancy. Pack the "paste" into the pie pan and set it in the over for about 5 min. Take out the pie crust and set it aside. When the potatos are soft remove them from the oven and mash them. Scoop the mixture into the pie crust and put it back into the over cover for 10min then remove the cover and monitor the pie. When the top starts to darken remove the pie from the oven and let cool. Cut serve and add whip topping or ice cream or you can set some marsh mallows on the pie in the last couple of minutes in the oven to melt over the top.

Cheers,
Scotsman

I hope I got this right, I had to call a friend who spewed this to me really fast over the phone.

2 eggs
1 can 16 oz. yams
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. cloves
1 2/3 cups evaporated milk

Heat oven to 425. Prepare pastry. Beat eggs slightly by hand. Beat in remain ingred. Place pastry lined pie plate on oven rack, pour in filling- Bake 15 minutes,reduce oven to 350. Bake until knife comed out clean approx 35 minutes.
***For a 9 inch pie***

I'll haveta get the recipe so I wont have it till later but I do know of a healthy(ish) version

are you planning on making it tonight?

cindylou said:
I'll haveta get the recipe so I wont have it till later but I do know of a healthy(ish) version

are you planning on making it tonight?

nope, for the weekend.

:)

I don't know a healthy version, but I have a kick ass southern recipe. :worried:

Top Bottom