Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

supplements for diabetic

Tony Aycenda

are there any special supplements for a skinny diabetic guy trying to gain muscle and lifting? I took protein for a few weeks and sugar levels went up, why? I have no idea, thank you.

protein has lactose in it is why.. and a lot of them also have other crap like HFCS too.

i know this is a crazy concept but if you want to gain muscle and 'lifting' whatever that means then start going to the gym consistent and eating properly. until you do that you will never gain a damn thing.

supplements are not the solution sorry. everyone wants a magic pill

are there any special supplements for a skinny diabetic guy trying to gain muscle and lifting? I took protein for a few weeks and sugar levels went up, why? I have no idea, thank you.

Pure protein shoulodn't cause it. Buy unflavoured.

A good quality whey protein isolate is perfect fine for a diabetic to use. You just need to make sure to be using a quality product that isn't full of fillers. A lot of supplement companies cut their protein with cheap carb fillers like maltodextrin to reduce the cost of the product.

All protein powders are not created equal. You really need to be a smart consumer in today's market and do your research. Look at the ingredient list and supplements fact panel on every supplement before buying it.

For a whey protein - you want to see nothing but that in the ingredients list. Whey protein, natural flavours, a natural calorie free sweetener like stevia and then maybe some salt, soy lechitin and cocoa powder. The board sponsor n2bm.com makes a really good product called wheytobuildmuscle. Check that out.

Just stick to the foods that work for you and eat more of them. Instead of 4oz chicken breast, make it an 8oz serving.

Tracking calories might really help too.

Top Bottom