Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sunflower seed what if i eat the shell?

Enock

I like sunflower seeds seems like alot of food to eat for the small calorie intake but here lies the problem.. The nutrientslisted on the back are for if you spit the shells out. Like listing shelled peanuts they don't expect you to eat the shell. However I like eating the seeds shell and all. I'm guessing/hoping the shells are mostly fiber but I'm not sure exactly how many calories i'm taking in now.. Which is a pain since I'm cutting.

Anyone know what a bag of sunflower seeds would be? My bags have 2.5 serviings at 190 calories each. But thats if I spit the shells out. Any idea what a serving would be shell and all?

I also eat the shells. I found a bag that had the nutritional profile for both shelled, and unshelled seeds. The shells are mostly fiber, so the nutritional info was very similiar. And since fiber doesn't have many calories, you can stick with the info for shelled seeds.

Haha that's gross guys!! You are sick people and need to seek professional assistance... Hehe ;)

Nah, I am a seed addict! I have been eating like 5 dags a week since like 7th grade, and I am 21 now! Speaking of which, I have to hit up Costco for another fix... But the shells?? Ewww!!

A/C

I don't know how bad the situation really is, but mold can grow on nuts (and I think seeds too). If the mold grows on the shells you eat, I would be concerned.

Top Bottom