Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Subway Sandwiches!?!

Torontogurl_18

I was wondering if Subway sandwiches are bad to have on a diet. Sometimes on my break at work I go to subway and have a chicken breast sandwich with no mayonaise on wheat bread.
I choose to go to SUBWAY other than going to PIZZA PIZZA because I figured it was a heathier choice?
SO should i stop going to Subway on my breaks at work? Are they in any way bad for me?:confused:

I wouldn't. Bread, whether wheat or white is a bad carb in my opinion. An idea would be to eat canned fish with vegetables and nuts. At the least skip the bread, try to get veggies or fruits as your carb sources. Preferably, also, I would eat real chicken instead of processed like subway.

While Subway sandwiches may be low in fat (and I have to admit, I love the turkey, club, and chicken breast sandwiches myself! :p ), they are pretty high in sodium and sugars. Here are some nutritional stats:

6" Roasted Chicken Breast Sandwich:

Serving Size: 234g
Calories: 311
Calories from Fat: 51
Total Fat: 6 grams
Saturated Fat: 2 grams
Cholesterol: 48 milligrams
Sodium: 880 milligrams
Carbohydrates: 40 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Sugars: 5 grams
Protein: 25 grams

6" Turkey Breast Sandwich:

Serving Size: 220g
Calories: 254
Calories from Fat: 34
Total Fat: 4 grams
Saturated Fat: 1 grams
Cholesterol: 15 milligrams
Sodium: 1000 milligrams
Carbohydrates: 39 grams
Protein: 16 grams

6" Subway Club Sandwich:

Serving Size: 253g
Calories: 294
Calories from Fat: 46
Total Fat: 5 grams
Saturated Fat: 2 grams
Cholesterol: 30 milligrams
Sodium: 1250 milligrams
Carbohydrates: 40 grams
Sugars: 6 grams
Protein: 22 grams

Always remember that food marketed as "low fat" doesn't always mean it's healthy for you. Most fast food seems designed to kill us...and it's doing a damn good job of it.

QuoVadis said:

6" Turkey Breast Sandwich:

Serving Size: 220g
Calories: 254
Calories from Fat: 34
Total Fat: 4 grams
Saturated Fat: 1 grams
Cholesterol: 15 milligrams
Sodium: 1000 milligrams
Carbohydrates: 39 grams
Protein: 16 grams

Wow, assuming that the bread has some protein in it, you're getting less than 2oz of turkey on this sucka.

I would just eat there. It is not going to hurt you. Choose wheat bread over white. It has a lower value on the glycemic index. Carbs = energy for the gym

I have 2 buddies that are elite gymnasts who pack down carbs. They have trace amounts of fat and tons of muscle.

Go for it!! after all!! you are not dieting for a contest,go with your feeling,forget the thing about sodium..thats total bull!! we need sodium,(sodium is not the evil here!!)beside you can take potassium supplement to counteract the sodium..drink plenty of water and live your life!! thats all!!! if you listen to everybody here,you should eat boiled chicken with egg white...

Top Bottom