Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

the SUBWAY diet for losing fat

Halsey

ok i am going to be starting to take d ball in a few weeks but i need to lose some fat first. i was thinking about trying the Subway diet because it seems to work great for a lot of folks. that Jared guy lost like 200 pounds on the subway diet!!! my favorite sub is the spicy italion sub. so has anyone tried this diet to lose fat and did it work good for you???

R you fuckin serious man,:D that to good man this guys is a riot man you killin me the subway diet:D
hey my boy biohazard here love the meat ball subs, he lost about ten pounds on that diet:D

look at this if you guys dont believe me. www.subway.com

click on "Jared Inspired Me" and read about all those that did the subway deit and lost lots of weight. it seems to really work.

mr anderson what a beautifull red nose !!!! i have many but mine never got to be that size they where always under 60 lbs !!! thats why i like staffs an american bulldogs

bugsys favortie is meetballs to ??? weird

Man Loses 245 Pounds
Eating Nothing But SUBWAY® Sandwiches

Not all fast food is fat laden, says Indiana man

MILFORD, CONN. (December 2000) - Jared Fogle took an unusual approach to losing some of his 425 pounds. He decided to go out for a sandwich. In fact, he visited a SUBWAY® restaurant twice daily for the next year, dropping an amazing 245 pounds in the process.

What Fogle calls his "Subway Diet" helped him trim his waist nearly in half, from 60 to 34 inches. "Most people think of fast food as a way to gain weight, not lose it," says Fogle. "But I discovered how to enjoy lots of fast food without all the fat."

Fogle got the idea when he saw a sign in his local Subway shop promoting "Seven Under 6 Grams of Fat." It was a far cry from the fat-laden, fast-food burgers and pizza that were formerly mainstays of his diet.

At the time a 22-year-old student at Indiana University, Fogle says his Subway diet consisted of little else. Fogle ate a 6-inch turkey sub for lunch and a foot-long veggie sub for dinner. He enjoyed a small bag of baked potato chips with lunch and permitted himself diet soft drinks throughout the day. He skipped breakfast and held the cheese and mayonnaise for a diet that totaled less than 10 grams of fat and about 1,000 calories per day. Fogle graduated in May. He has maintained his weight and did an "update" in a TV commercial for Subway this past summer.

Fogle loaded his sandwiches with tons of lettuce, green peppers, banana peppers, jalapeno peppers, and pickles, topped with a bit of spicy mustard. "It felt a little like feasting, rather than totally depriving myself," he says.

Dietitian Tina Ruggiero, of New York City, describes this dieting approach as "portion control." Describing weight-loss strategies in the November 1999 issue of Men’s Health, she says that by eating predictable portions, dieters need not bother with counting calories. She also says that including lots of fiber as part of a reduced-calorie diet can help by making dieters feel full.

Fogle admits his diet was extreme and explains that he did speak to a physician before starting his diet. He also makes it clear that he combined his diet with a walking program, as doctors recommended.

Subway Corporate Dietician Lanette Roulier stresses that the chain does not endorse the "Jared Diet." "It’s great that it worked for him but I would rather he had eaten a balanced breakfast and more fruits and vegetables," says Roulier. She adds that individual needs vary and dieters should always consult with their physician and/or dietician before embarking on a weight loss program.

This is not a strategy that would work in just any fast-food restaurant. For example, eating one quarter-pound hamburger and one larger hamburger each day at another leading fast-food restaurant would have weighed down Fogle with 62 grams of fat. Bad press for greasy fast-food burgers has convinced many consumers that it’s practically impossible to eat well when eating convenience foods.

Fogle’s successful formula turned him into somewhat of a celebrity. His story is being told in national TV commercials for Subway and he appeared on the "Oprah Show," the NBC-TV "Today" program with Katy Couric, "Extra," as well as an article in USA Today. " People are stopping me on the street saying, "Hey, aren’t you the Subway guy."

Subway officials say that Fogle’s story, aside from being inspirational, helps highlight Subway’s commitment to providing a selection of seven menu items under 350 calories and 6 grams of fat. For example, its turkey sandwich provides only 282 calories and 4 grams of fat in a 183-gram serving. (Fogle added just a small number of extra calories with added toppings.)

As Subway’s TV spot makes clear, Fogle’s diet was his own creation and it would not be appropriate for everyone.

"We’re proud of Jared’s accomplishment," says Chris Carroll, Director of Marketing for the Subway Franchisee Advertising Fund Trust, "and we are proud to have played a part in it."

Subway is the world’s largest submarine sandwich franchise, with more than 14,700 independently owned and operated restaurants spanning the globe.

Top Bottom