Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Stevia and its effects on Blood Sugar?

HANSEL

A while back I picked up some powder form Stevioside and was using it to sweeten alot of things, a little really went a long way. Then I came to know of other Articial sweeteners and how they effected insulin production and was never able to get any clear info on how it effects us. I could not find it on any GI lists and My searches showed nothing and I have stopped using until I can figure this out.
Anyone any info on Stevia, or use it?

I have used Stevia for some time, and really like it. I think one of the major issues that contributes to insulin relationships in sugar subs is the fact that most are "lab created." The terminology gets really sticky here, because they're all refined (no pun intended). Unlike Splenda, Equal, etc...Stevia is an actual root. It's not a chemically derived and enhanced product. It's just from a plant, like cane. There was a thread floating around the women's board about the negligible impact of stevia on blood sugar, as opposed to aspartame, dextrose, maltodex, etc... I will try to find it for you.

how come splenda isnt bad for you if it contains maltodextrin and dextrose? i dont understand ...wouldnt this mean it has high carbs?

Yea Rez, Whats that about? Malto and dextro are the highest thing on the GI? Im starting to worry about these splenda packets ive been whacking down in my cottage.

I know some people buy pure sucralose, like the atkins syrups I think, thats the only thing wouldnt technicly affect you blood sugar level I guess.

Top Bottom