Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

is a steak reallly that much healthier or leaner for off the foreman grill?????

short answer = no.

I suppose there are less carcinogens because there's no open flame, and pan frying adds a lot of fat, though if you use olive oil for chicken I see no problem, but grilling is grilling.

And the carcinogens you get from an open flame are minute compared to red meat in general. Daily consumption of red meat has been shown to increase chance of breast cancer in women and processed meat increased risk of prostate cancer in men. A misleading statistic though since grocery stores sell processed meat, i.e. packaged hamburgers and steak (a butcher doesn't.) Even then, only a little bit is OK; eating a whole steak everyday will kill you eventually.

"The researchers concluded: 'Our results suggest that dietary interventions targeted at lower consumption of grilled red meats may reduce prostate cancer risk via the PhIP prostate carcinogenic pathway.'"

Copyright 2007 Preventive Medicine Week via NewsRx.com & NewsRx.net
Preventive Medicine Week
July 15, 2007

Intakes of total mean [dairy and meat] and red meat were not statistically significantly associated with prostate cancer. However, processed meat consumption was associated with a non-statistically significant higher risk of total prostate cancer.

There was no association across tertiles of dairy or calcium with total prostate cancer... although consumption of 5+ servings/week of dairy foods was associated with an increased risk of prostate cancer.

Overall, consumption of processed meat, but not total meat or red meat, was associated with a possible increased risk of total prostate cancer in this prospective study. Higher intake of dairy foods but not calcium was positively associated with prostate cancer," wrote S. Rohrmann and colleagues, Johns Hopkins University, Department of Epidemiology.

PROSTATE CANCER RISK FACTORS;
Copyright 2007 Drug Law Weekly via LawRx.com via NewsRx.com and NewsRx.net
Drug Law Weekly

March 6, 2007

Last edited:
Top Bottom