Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

staying lean while not sacrificing strength

MattRecc

MEAL TIMING!!!!! Is this what it is all about? I for one do not buy into drastic diet changes to lose weight, and all this zero and low carb bullshit. Lets say i dont work out until late afternoon. My blood sugar levels are very low, so i keep them that way throughout the day, by eating a little bit of protein and fat meals, such as a salad with vinegar and oil with some tuna. My blood sugar levels will still be low correct? Especially if i did cardio first thing in the morning, i would be near or in ketosis. So no i maybe have a another shake earlier in the day of moderate protein. About 30min to an hour before i workout, i eat an apple or orange, then workout. I then take in a big shake postworkout with about 90-100 grams of carbs (dextrose, honey). Wouldnt this be a formula for success? i would have energy to lift from the sugars in the fruit, and then i would be getting an insulin spike after the workout to fill my muscles. I maybe eat one more meal or 2 of protein and low GI carbs, and i should be set, correct? I think if more people did their dieting in this way, they would most likely be more able to stick to it, rather than having to drastically change something, such as taking ZERO carbs and a very high amount of fats? Any one else have any opinions?

The question is whether or not this way eating works for YOU.

Does it? Are you happy with the results you're getting?

yes it does work, but i dont see why it wouldnt work for the majority of people out there who workout. As long as calories are at maintenance level (or slightly above for bulking) i dont see how this wouldnt help keep the fat off. To lose weight, just make sure that you are at a calorie deficiency. I think a great formula for success for those looking to remain lean or lose weight without sacrificing muscle (im not talking about bodybuilders dieting down for shows, etc) would be 3-4x a week morning HIIT session, which will speed up the metabolism, and followed by meals of low GI carbs and good fats, with the carbs coming before and after lifting, making sure you are not overconsuming calories. Simple sugars would only be taken directly after the work out, with very low GI carbs that come from veggies coming later in the day. It just seems to me that this would be much easier to do this then drastically changing the way that you eat.

I dont know about you, but carbs equals fat to me........if it aint green and taken before/after workout it sticks to my abs.......stopped my low car diet 3 weeks back and now im 1.5-2% higher in BF.

it really does matter and you need to cut the carbs if on a cutting diet. eating carbs at night doesnt make sense either, i donno just my .02

im not technically saying to eat carbs at night, im saying to eat them around your workouts, whether it be morning or night. cardio to take it off and low gi carbs such as veggies the rest of the day. I think you misunderstood what i was saying. Eat the carbs around workout, cardio. thats it. of course it has to be moderate carbs, im not saying go ahead and eat whatever you want and do cardio to lose fat, because we all know that wont happen. All i am saying is that meal timing would seem to be more important then the actual quantities. for example, i can make 300 gram protein shakes a day, but when am i taking that protein? Why so much at once? I may be wrong, im just trying to say something that seems to be working for me. A combination of HIIT, weights, and carbs b4 and after workout, not cutting to zero carbs or less than 20 a day, that just seems too drastic a change to me.

Take for example sprinters, this is exactly how they eat, have you ever seen Michael Johnson? He "allegedly" benches 400lbs, is lean, and fast. Eats low glycemic carbs to replenish his body's energy stores, moderate fats, and moderate to high protein. Granted genetics also play a part in how sensitive to carbs you are. However, i want someone to try this and tell me it doesnt work. HIIT, lifting, and that type of diet and tell me if you dont look and feel better after a few weeks, without watching too much of what you eat

sounds right on man. if anything you may need more cho before your workouts. i have tried just fruit before and i dont feel to charged, and usually pretty flat. i usually go with the raw oats and from going low cho all day i would hit like 1 cho per kilo of bodyweight....and the same post workout or possibly .5 cho per kilo. if the cho pre workout are low glycemic there is now reason why they shouldnt still be around for recovery post workout. and perhaps you could use less hi gi cho post exercise...

raw oats are good, except they seem to sit in my stomach, so i usually eat them at the very least an hour and a half before workout. i agree with the 1 cho per kilo of bodyweight as well

Ive been doing this now for a week, except that i do not use carbs preworkout, I only use MCT oil. Whoever said that it is just like carbs, could eat a penis. Its bullshit, I cannot lift nearly as much as if i ate carbs. Im doing this to get cut, but i may add some oats to the MCT. Use ala, to clear the carbs quickly PW so that your body could go back to the near keto state.

Top Bottom