Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Starting out Weight Training - Diet Q's

BoDEAN

I'm 23 5'10" 140lbs
I'm about 12% body fat. I have a high metabolism.
I would like to slightly increase my muscle mass but mostly would like to tone up and gain more muscle definition
What should I be doing diet wise? I am a light weight.
Start / Increase creatine intake? Increase protein intakes?

Increase your clean calories and eat about 280 grams of protein a day, If your training is intense you could handle over 3500 clean calories a day.

Creatine seems to help me gain weight and strength, but it is mostly water weight.

Diet, training and rest and you will gain-don’t over train!

Would you have any suggestions on how to achieve those numbers? Eatting one/two cans of tuna a day will get me just shy of 50grams of Protein. Maybe mix in a hard boiled egg. Regarding "clean calories" do you recommend any powder mix at GNC that would aid in this?

eat 6x small meals a day including protein/carbs/fat

so each meal have about 40gram protein
which is 240protein

protein powder is a good idea to look into,since you wont have access to tuna,chicken breast, so protein powder makes it more easier to get in that protein
for carbs eat complex carbs-oatmeal,wholewheat bread,wholewheat pasta,veggies,

eat some simple carbs such as fruit about 2x a day.......

I get my clean calories/protein mostly from chicken, tuna, and egg whites. I do have a Met-Rx Protein Plus bar a day which gives me 34g of protein. I usually take in 250g of protein a day. It really adds up if you are eating every 3 hours as you should be. :)

Lean red meat is another great source, but I don't care for it myself.

VDL

Top Bottom