Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sprain Ankle 11 days before contest

jnuts

I sprained my ankle yesterday running inbetween tires!! Its swollen and bruised, I'm walking on it as little as poss., but I have 2 kids so its diff. to stay off it. I still want to do the figure comp. next Sat. but hope this won't hurt my progress too much. I guess I can still do upper body but the lower half is what needs to tighten up. My husband says at this pt. training won't effect it, its all diet. Any suggestions??
Thanks again, Mrs. JNUTS

Last edited:
Most competitors dont train the last week before the contest anyway so the drawback shouldn`t be all that big.
I think your husband is right I dont know much about it tho

jnuts said:
I sprained my ankle yesterday running inbetween tires!! Its swollen and bruised, I'm walking on it as little as poss., but I have 2 kids so its diff. to stay off it. I still want to do the figure comp. next Sat. but hope this won't hurt my progress too much. I guess I can still do upper body but the lower half is what needs to tighten up. My husband says at this pt. training won't effect it, its all diet. Any suggestions??
Thanks again, Mrs. JNUTS

he is correct, i havent heard of any competitiors training week into a contest.

FYI. remember the acronym "RICE"

R-rest
I- ice
C-compression
E- elevation (most important during sleep)

Thanks for the help, folks. She's been laying of the ankle quite a bit and RICE was going on from the time it happened. It's starting to bruise up now and getting better as the days go by.

Thanks!

Thanks, I will post me pre-contest pic. for your feedback, I think I;ll do better in this contest , they have a womens masters 35 and up in the Figure, I'll let you know how I do. I'm really drinking tons of water these last 7 days, trying to drink 2 gallons up to Fri. and keeping diet to 180 prot. 80-90 carbs and 15-20 fat.

Mrs. JNUTS

Top Bottom