Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Splenda(Sucralose) on Keto diet? Spiking my insulin?

bodacious

I too am on the ketogenic diet. It's the latter part of day two and I have not gone into ketosis yet. I have found these milk chocolate bars that have 0 carbs. They have splenda(sucralose) in them. Will this spike my insulin levels? Also, I have added a fiber supplement that has 4 carbs(dietary fiber). Will the 4 carbs of fiber spike my insuline? One more question. How important is it to supplement chromium and vanadyl? Brewer's yeast and cinnamon? How much cinnamon do you take and can you cook with it?

Help!!!!!!!!!!:(

Last edited:
Most "zero carb" bars I have seen have little fat and a lot of protein. It should be the other way around for a keto diet.

Sucralose is 600 times sweeter than regular sucrose and it has NO nutritive value. It will not effect ketosis. Also, sweetness is not a predicator of raising insulin and blood glucose levels. There are no studies that show sweetness will raise insulin levels. If somebody has a reference showing otherwise, I would be interested in taking a look at it.

Fiber does not provide energy to the body because our enzymes cannot break them down for digestion. So, although it has 4 grams, they are not used. Fiber basically just absorbs water in the intestine to form soft stools (helps constipation). It is beneficial in other ways, but not for energy intake.

MR. BMJ

the "candy" bars are called "Carbo-lite". They have 2.5 grams of fat, 1 gram of protein and they taste, I kid you not like Hershey's candy bars. I think I am saved!!!! You can buy them at Trader Joe's if you live in northern California. Chocolate was the only thing hendering my keto diet. It's wednesday at 6 am and I only show traces of ketones. I hope this works and and all those pork skins haven't lodged in my rear.
Thanks!!

"I've been trying to get into ketosis since Wednesday with no luck. I have literally had zero carbohydrates. Normally, I would be there by now so I can't see what the problem is. The only thing that's different is that I've started using sucralose. I know that it's made from sugar , but i thought the body isn't supposed to recognize it. I also thought that maybe I'm having trouble because I'm about to start my period or could I have just wrecked my metabolism from flip-flopping in and out of a ketogenic state? Regardless, I have totally been gaining weight for the past few days and I'm not sure if it's water or fat. Please tell me what I am doing wrong. I've been eating more fat than protein and absolutely no carbs. + almost daily cardio." -NaturalOne

Could it be the sucralose? I'm still worried!!!!

It's the maltitol....a sugar alcohol!!!! Which does have an effect on your insulin and can totally keep you out of ketosis. Don't eat those things. Sugar alcohols have carbs, and if you read the fine print on Carbo-Lite bars, they tell you that they don't list it as a carb. I don't know why they want to trick people but they do. If your read Fifty 50 sugar free bars, they basically have the same ingredients but they list the maltitol carbs and i think it was like 20grams per serving but I'm not sure.

Supposedly....I have supposedly been in ketosis for about two weeks, I feel like I am but haven't checked. I guess I should bust out the ol' ketostix to find out. From what I keep reading, sucralose seems to be fine and it's recommended for low carb baking for people on a keto-diet, but really I feel it's too good to be true. I'll check my Ketostix tonight.

....but if you can get into ketosis with sugar alcohols in your diet then you are very fortunate. Just don't eat too much of it.

Top Bottom