Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Splenda(Sucralose) on Keto diet? Spiking my insulin?

Natural One- You've been in ketosis for 2 wks? Do you carb up on the weekends? Do you drink a fruit type drink to come out of ketosis? I'm lusting after Jamba Juice. What about the last meal b-4 keto for 5 days? Do you also have something high glycemic? Are you dieting for a show?

I don't do a CKD. I'm not a bodybuilder, I just want to look really really good in a bikini and to be able to walk naked in front of my boyfriend on the way to the bathroom. My goal is to lose fat now and I feel a CKD will only slow me down. Plus, I don't feel like I've lost any muscle at all. I think I get enough protein in my keto-diet to maintain them well. My energy levels are excellent (after a 15min warm-up) at the gym with xenadrine. I've only had two major carb/sugar craving sessions since I started this diet. I just had to sleep it off. Drinking a Diet Rite(no aspartame) and Eating tuna salad until I am full also totally works to satisfy cravings. I think overeating once in a while is way better than giving in and falling out of ketosis.

The nutritive value for most, if not all sugar alcohols are unclear. The European Community Nutritional Labeling Directive has given them a value of 2.4 calories per gram. But this is still not exact pseudoscience reference. Therefore, it can range anywhere between this figure and 4 calories per gram. As for it kicking one out of ketosis.....this is true only if they consume too much per day or at one time. Remember that some people can have a certain amount of carbs per day and not have it effect their ketosis readings. The same is true with the sugar alcohols.

The reason most companies use sugar alcohol is for their humectant properties (absorbs and keeps moisture in the bars). This is the same for glycerol, as MS pointed out on another thread here (I think today). I do agree that it is very unprofessional and unethical of them not to mention there being and amounts within the bars. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the lower grade bars are packed full with these sugars. This of course will effect ketosis levels if too much is eaten. I feel this is especially wrong on their behalf if they are promoting these bars for "ketogenic" diets. Notice most say "low carb" and not for "ketogenic" diets. Then some just flat out lie. This may not be of concern for those that are not following a keto diet, but it is for those who are. They should at least be required to label how much they put in. This would give people somewhat of an idea as to multiply the amount by the 2.4 grams or 4 gram range.

These polyols (sugar alcohols) also give the bars bulk, which helps as a filler and bulking agent.

MR. BMJ

I'm still a little confused.
Maltitol is sugar.
Dextrose is sugar.
Is aspartame an insulin spiker?
Sucralose is aspartame free I think. ISOPURE Protein drinks use sucralose. They are "0 carb". Those drinks seem to good to be true.
Also, during the week if you come out of ketosis, say on Wednesday night. Should you continue the diet or just say "screw it and carb load. I was in ketosis by wednesday morning and then I went to the A's game and ate some peanuts. I guess that plus the cream in my coffee and various other trace carbs, screwed up ketosis. This diet is hard.

Go to www.synergydiet.com , they have liquid splenda
and it doesn't seem to throw people out of ketosis like the powdered form.
Alot of low carbers have stopped using powdered splenda 'cause it seems to stall them in there weight
loss.

I checked my ketostix last night and they were a deep shade of purple. I use Isopure protein powder everyday w/ sucralose so I guess it's safe for this diet.
bodacious: You have to take this diet seriously otherwise you're going to gain weight. You really should not cheat on this diet. because adding carbs here and there to such a high fat diet is only asking for trouble. If you find youself out of ketosis from peanuts just keep going on with the diet. It's not like you ate a piece of cake. When you do something like that, go do some cardio to burn the carbs off really quick so your body can get back into fat burning mode.

Heavy cream has no carbs and tastes great in coffee.

Aspartame is poison: http://www.google.com/search?q=aspartame+blood+brain+barrier&btnG=Google+Search

To clarify I must say that not everyone has trouble w/
powdered splenda, and yeah aspertame bad.

Why don't you post what you eat...

Every time I think I understand, something else comes up.
Aspartame: Bad? Pepsi 1(aspartame), maltodextrose?(sp?) Bacon(seemed perfect):confused:

Today I ate:
bacon
3 whole eggs fried in the bacon grease
3 cups coffee
2 table spoons of heavy whipping cream
2 equals, 1 sweet and low
2 servings of pork rinds
iced tea
1 pepsi 1
2 servings of sourkrout and weinies
1 scoop of protein and 3 tablespoons of flax oil w/lignan

I'm taking anavar, T3 and clen.

:bawling: I'm probably eating too many calories, right?
I have followed the exercise program so far.
Friday is the whole body exhaust. I've done at least 30-60 minutes of cardio each day in addition.
I've lost a couple of pounds.
My body is really looking good.
I've lowered my carbs in general for the past 6 mts.
I so miss the oatmeal w/scoops of protein.
Also I hate pork rinds and I hate fat.
This really sucks.:mad:

You didn't mention you were on gear.
In that case you can afford these minor slip-ups
(splenda ch.bars,diet pesi,bacon w/ or w/out sugars,
equal) IMO.

No your not eating too many calories, relax.

Your working out hard, cardio, gear, and lo-carb...
almost no carb, you should be fine. Drink more water
though, try to add a veggi(broccoli,asparagus,lettuce
celery).

Don't be afraid of the fat, it's hormonally nuetral unlike
carbs. (insulin).
Your body can use ketones for energy, your body will
excrete the un-used amount.
Your sweating out ketones and your running on them
during your intense wk.outs. I wouldn't expect to register DARK purple. Trace is fine, it's prefered actually.

I love you.
I've totally been killing myself.
No gum, or mints, or crystal light.
I fell into deep ketosis again tonight.
Maybe it is the post cardio that shows results.
Maybe two or three times a day is to much to test ketones. I'm probably just stressing myself out.
Thanks. That's a huge relief.
Only 18 more hours till...... CARBS!!!!!!!
:D

Top Bottom