Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

To spike or not to spike that is the question!!!

Sixbits

Why is it so bad to consume high GI carbs like Dextrose pre-workout? I know this will spike your insulin level, but why is this bad right before a work out?

The reason I asked is because I'm considering taking creatine w/ Dextrose half an hour before a workout and immediately post workout.

If spiking your insuling before a workout is bad, is there any other way I can take creatine pre-workout. I know I can take it with water, but of course this won't work as well compared to Dextrose! Any suggestions????????

:confused:
So by simply slowly sipping my creatine/dextrose think during my workout, I can avoid spiking my insulin?

you sip your carb drink while you workout out... Your body will try and use those carbs for energy. After you workout you drink your 2nd carb drink... This will spike you insulin up... The good news is that instead of your fat cells absorbing your muscle cells will.... you will also want to take a protein shake and plenty of aminos after the workout as well... You want to ingest this stuff within 45 minutes of the completion of your workout...

Ever tried working out after taking in alot of high-gi carbs? For some reason pre-workout intake tends to make people weaker. I've seen the phsyiological reason posted on here but I cant find it now.

Btw I wouldnt put much faith in what Berardi said...after reading his massive eating articles, he is a freak.

Top Bottom