Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

spices and water retention

aaroncole

Hi everyone, I would like to ask you if spices really cause water retention and if they do, is it high or low, I'm one of the kind who has to season everything I cook and that could be the reason why it's very difficult for me to lose weight even eating clean, but you all know food without spices taste like crap taste like hospital food, thanks for your info.

It would depend on the sodium content. You don't want to eliminate sodium though because it is necessary for normal bodily function. For me, I use hot sauce on a lot of things I make. Even though it has sodium I am still drinking enough water that it is not an issue.

If you are not losing weight but eating clean then you are simply eating too many calories. I would cut down a little at a time until you start to see some loss.

Herbs/spices themselves will not cause any water retention.

Some pre-made spice blends like montreal steak spice will contain water retention because they contain sodium.

If you are worried about water retention, just make sure to read the ingredient list on the seasoning blend and make sure it's a salt-free blend. A salt free blend will not cause any water retention.

Hi everyone, I would like to ask you if spices really cause water retention and if they do, is it high or low, I'm one of the kind who has to season everything I cook and that could be the reason why it's very difficult for me to lose weight even eating clean, but you all know food without spices taste like crap taste like hospital food, thanks for your info.

Its the sodium and salt that causes the water retention.

If you are trying to lose weight, retaining a little bit of water will do no harm. The thing is - you are still losing fat, just maybe not seeing it as you have water under your skin.

Top Bottom