Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sparkling Water?

Hazenali

Hi Guys,

Diet is going well however I was wondering about sparkling water. At work I drink skim milk or bottled water but once home at night I drink 1 liter of flavored sparkling water. It changes my taste buds from water and helps with craving because it's flavored (white grape, peach, etc...).

My question: Is sparkling water bad for my diet, for me and protein breakdown. I remember reading that Aspartame is bad for you, and it slows down protein breakdown when consumed with food, etc...

This is what 250ml of my sparkling water contains (I drink one liter a day, so this X 4)

1cup (250ml)

0g of fat
0g of carb
0g of protein
54mg of Aspartame
31mg of Acesulfame-Potassium
12mg of sodium
73mg of potassium

Thanks

naturally sparkling water (ie Perrier water) is OK

regular water + CO2 is not that good

but 1 liter a day won't hurt you

BTW,how many times should we repeat that aspartam is 100% safe !? :mad:

jimmyjames said:

Yes, it does.

...unless it is a naturaly sparkling water (which does NOT contain phosphoric acid)

what about crystal light guys is this okay to drink i would perfer to drink that instead of just 1 gallon of water a day.

bigrott22

Hazenali said:
Hi Guys,

Diet is going well however I was wondering about sparkling water. At work I drink skim milk or bottled water but once home at night I drink 1 liter of flavored sparkling water. It changes my taste buds from water and helps with craving because it's flavored (white grape, peach, etc...).

My question: Is sparkling water bad for my diet, for me and protein breakdown. I remember reading that Aspartame is bad for you, and it slows down protein breakdown when consumed with food, etc...

This is what 250ml of my sparkling water contains (I drink one liter a day, so this X 4)

1cup (250ml)

0g of fat
0g of carb
0g of protein
54mg of Aspartame
31mg of Acesulfame-Potassium
12mg of sodium
73mg of potassium

Thanks

Any type of carbonated water will decrease protein synthesis and throw off the PH balance in the stomach. I always suggest against taking in too much carbonated water/soda etc.

Mr.X

bigrott2 said:
what about crystal light guys is this okay to drink i would perfer to drink that instead of just 1 gallon of water a day.

bigrott22

CL is fine to drink, but it is NOT a replacement for water, it's a compliment on the side. So if you goal is to drink 1 gallon of water per day, is should be clear water w/o the CL.

Mr.X

Top Bottom