Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Soy protein lowers test levels?

You hear it all over, it's because it has plant estrogens. There are also stories of REALLY young girls that are on soy rich diets going through puberty at <10 yrs old.

I don't do soy, I've read too much negative information about it -- plus, everything soy tastes like bear dick.

I dont believe that shit....I mix soy, beef(the good old weider brand), and milk protien all together....I swear soy works the best for me.....those plant hormones are for plants...I highly doubt that they will put a set of tits on you unless you are a plant. I feel that modified protiens just give me the shits and make me lose weight....not to metion I am starving 10 mins after having a shake of whey....no one agrees with me but I feel whey tastes like chemicals mixed with monkey shit....only exception being designer choc. Soy is pretty nasty by itself as well.

Kaz

try to avoid soy it has hormonal effects which are estrogenic and not fully understood. in part because it is "natural" it was once thought to be beneficial for this reason but now it looks more and more like it is potentially harmful, and keep in mind we already get a healthy load of artificial estrogen exposure through plastics, insecticides, fertilizers, and other chemical byproducts

NO SOY!!!! this chick i knew got HER hormones fuked from eating sow rich food.
unless u find soy to work better for you, stay away from it.

Is this a serious post? I use Soy all the time and have had the best gains from it and like mkazzbmf says its a bunch of anecodotal BS that might work perhaps you were a cornstalk. I use Soy milk and a lot of Soy products. The people that experience sides from soy products are A) Allergic B) Has an existing condition or C) Hypochondriac

T-Mag has always very biased, uninformative articles.
Have you read their recent bs about creatine monohydrate? A real winner.

Well i am not fond of soy protein as it tastes kind of funny, but many studies have proven differently. Here is a few.

Mark McVey, Gerard Cooke, Ivan Curran. Increased serum and testicular androgen levels in F1 rats with lifetime exposure to soy isoflavones. Reproductive Toxicology (2004), doi:10.1016/j.reprotox.2004.04.005.

This study proved that longtime exposure to soy isoflavones increased androgen levels.

Takeshi Nikawa, Madoka Ikemoto, Takashi Sakai, Mihoko Kano, Takako Kitano, Tsukasa Kawahara, Shigetada Teshima, Kazuhito Rokutan, Kyoichi Kishi. Effects of a soy protein diet on exercise-induced muscle protein catabolism in rats. Nutrition, Volume 18, Issue 6, June 2002, Pages 490-495.

This one proves soy's anticatabolic effect after training.
Please don't argue that these studies have been done in rats....most are anyway.

Top Bottom