Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Soup good or bad for cutting?

1_more_rep

Hey everyone,

I am only on my 3rd day of my first cutting cycle ever. So my dieting could probably use alot of help. Since i am at the college cafeteria and do not have many meal options, the healthiest thing i've found there is:

9-10 AM: banana (or orange)

11 AM: workout

whey protein shake post-workout (250 cal + 100 from nonfat milk) = 350
(~65g protein)

1-2 PM: 1st big meal - usually 3 small chicken breasts and a small soup (about 3-4 oz)

4-5 PM: Sandwich (usually wheat with pastrami and a tiny bit of lettuce)

7:30-8 (dining hall closes at 8): large soup (about 8 oz) + half sandwich. Or i option to get salmon if they have it that day or a slice of lamb etc. with some steamed veggies.

some nights (if i dont feel i got enough protein throughout the day) i take a second whey shake a few hours before bed

I mostly want to know if soups (they vary from clam chowder (which id guess is bad for me but i love it), chicken noodle, cream of mushroom, beef and vegetable soup, and other vegetable soups) are good for me to take in or if they are hurting me more than they are helping?

i usually hate most vegetables but in soup i can take them in usually by drinking a big gulp so i would think this is good? Or is the sodium content these soups probably have way worse for me than good?

Also, if there are any general critiques of my diet i'd love to hear them. Thanks

:)

not good at all..

too much fat
too much sodium
too much processed food

but.. if you can lose fat and build or maintain muscle.. go for it.. in the end you know your body..

SpyWizard said:
not good at all..

too much fat
too much sodium
too much processed food

but.. if you can lose fat and build or maintain muscle.. go for it.. in the end you know your body..

really? ouch...did not know all that =[. Well do you have any alternative meals besides the soup then? I was thinking forget the last meal's soup and just get a whole sandwich and maybe through in another fruit?

Or i could possibly...get some mashed potatoes as a side with the sandwich? or some steamed veggies i suppose?

So far from my 3 days of cutting i have lost 3.5 pounds. And over 3 of my suitemates have told me that i looked a tiny bit leaner so i think thats a good sign? Since im trying to keep my protein intake as high as i can.

homemade soup from scratch is great for cutting.

Buy a chicken, throw the bones and skin in a pot, add fresh carots, parsely and onions, boil until you create a broth, then drain out the bones, add in whole wheat pasta and chicken, or just chicken, and you have a great meal on the go. However it tastes much different than cambells because the sodium levels are much lower.

a lot of the reason soup in cafeterias are bad is because it's mystery meat, more or less. they taste good and you have no idea what's in them. the only thing you can trust in cafeterias are salads and fruits. i've had grilled chicken that was fried, they'll lie to you. lol.

I agree with the other posts. Slow down on the soup and add more salads with grilled chicken or tuna fish. As you know, a single can of tuna packs in 30 grams of protein. I make mine with fat free miracle whip (3 carbs, 2 sugars). My brother mixes his tuna with a little olove oil and vinager. I hope this helps.

RedGuru's Healthy Lentil Soup

2 cups lentils
1 tbs Olive Oil
4 cloves garlic, pressed and chopped
2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
1 lb frozen spinach, chopped
3 stalks celery, diced
1 can diced salt-free tomatoes
2 bay leafs
1 tsp each thyme, oregano and parsely
1/4 tsp red pepper

Wash the lentils, pick out the broken ones and allow to soak overnight, covered in water, then drain. Saute the vegetables in the olive oil in a medium pan until the onions are translucent. Dump all ingredients in a crock pot with either water until covered or a low-sodium chicken broth. Let simmer on low in the crock for 5-7 hours.

I like to add smoked turkey to it for some meat, but if you use this as a side dish to chicken breasts it works out great.

what about once a week? every saturday morning, I get a pastrami eggand cheese on wheat toast at this local little food place. I love it dearly :p

Top Bottom