Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sore Muscles While On LOW-CARB Diet

Re: Beezers

WannaImpress said:

Beezers, I'm on a low carb diet myself, I have never though about needing carbs to repair muscle but your absolutely correct. Could you give me an example of the carbs you consume through out the day and time if you dont mind.

I eat 650g of carbs daily. I'm not cutting, but I'm at a pleasant 10% bodyfat. My carbs come from oats, sweet taters, brown rice, and imediately following my workout maltodextrin. This is my diet right now.

meal 1
12 egg whites + 2 yolks
1.5 cups oats

meal 2
6oz chicken
8oz sweet potato

meal 3(post workout)
110g maltodextrin
66g whey

meal 4
6oz chicken
8oz sweet potato

meal 5
6oz salmon
8oz sweet potato

meal 6
12oz tuna
2 cups brown rice
1 tbsn flax oil

meal 7
12oz tuna
2 cups brown rice
1 tbsn flax oil

meal 8
1.5 pounds fat free cottage cheese

Cals: 5340
Pro: 435
Carb: 655
Fat: 95

Beezers how tall are you? About seven foot eight inches, to consume 650grams of carbs a day and maintain 10% bodyfat. Do you do a lot of cardio, DNP, or what?

liftsiron said:
Beezers how tall are you? About seven foot eight inches, to consume 650grams of carbs a day and maintain 10% bodyfat. Do you do a lot of cardio, DNP, or what?

I'm 6'1. I don't even look at a treadmill, let alone actually get on one, so no, I don't do cardio or DNP. Just train my ass off and put the energy to good use with the iron. Carb parranoia is the biggest plague in our little community. This is the reason most people never really get big. Bear in mind, I'm not dieting, but in any event(gaining/cutting) you still need carbs.

I'm 6'1. I don't even look at a treadmill, let alone actually get on one, so no, I don't do cardio or DNP. Just train my ass off and put the energy to good use with the iron. Carb parranoia is the biggest plague in our little community. This is the reason most people never really get big. Bear in mind, I'm not dieting, but in any event(gaining/cutting) you still need carbs.

6'1" is fairly tall, and I'm thinking that you are probably as thick as a house. I wasn't doubting your word I was just wondering your size. Myself I don't have the height or weight to eat anywhere near 650 grams of carbs without adding a fair amount of fat. I agree with your veiw on carbs 100%, I never overly restrict my carbs even when cutting. By the way how much do you weigh?

Beezers said:
They're sore becaue they're not recovering. Glucose plays a vital role in stimulating revovery of trained muscles. By not giving your body carbs(glucose) you are severly short-changing your body's ability to recouperate following training. Overtraining becomes almost guarnatedd while on low/no carb diets.

Exactly---although drinking a ton of water (hydration) water and taking your multi's (replenishes lost minerals/vitamins typically found in carb based foods) will help some....Beezers hit the nail on the head bro!

Top Bottom