Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Someone PLEASE answer this...MS? anyone..

Ana

While doing Low-carb...say below 30 grams per day.
We gradually aquire Insulin Insensitivity i.e. - The muscles no longer READILY accept carbs...instead there pushed over to fat stores.

Now what I wanna know...
When I have been low carbing for a week and suddenly I eat pasta for dinner, a roll, some cake. Whatevever.

Why is it that the next day at the gym I'm twice as strong...
Is it because I've carb loaded my fat stores or my muscle ?

Low-carbs 'cause insulin insensitivity....Is it true?

If you love the pumps in the gym and don't want to let go of that, I wouldn't recommend a CKD. 40-30-30 will keep your muscle glycogen (carb stores) higher than a ckd's and it will give you much more energy in the gym. During CKD , you are carb depleted. No carbs = usually less energy.

You could, perhaps, try a TKD. You can find it in Mr.x's dieting manual.

True,true.
But I need to know...Well, I specifically need the answer to my question. Thanks anyway.
Not a recomended diet.

My diet MOST of the time is -30carbs. When I have a carb meal. I'm strong as heck in the gym the next day.

People say LOW CARB = NO INSULIN SENSITIVITY.

Why do I get the pump the next day...
'cause those carbs went to my FAT stores since I'm insulin insensitive?

While it's true that short term high fat diets decrease insulin sensitivity (note the word decrease rather than abolish), the carbs you eat while carbing up on a CKD still refill the muscle's glycogen. They don't do it as quickly as when your body is more sensitized to insulin, but it is still adequate. The worst that will happen if you're otherwise healthy is you'll have elevated blood sugar for longer than normal. This is one good reason to keep your carb-up meals small and frequent rather than a couple of HUGE carb meals. And of course you need to keep your fat intake low on the carb-up. However, if you are already type 2 diabetic (or well on your way to it) then a CKD is not a good idea. You'd be better off on an Atkins or isocaloric diet.

Top Bottom