Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Some LOW CARBOHYDRATE Diet Questions>>>...

rluto

I am trying to lose some weight. According to atkins I can do this by cutting back on carbs. I have put myself on a low carb diet, about 80 or less a day. I have a few questions though. If a can of Chili is only 20 grams of carbs and I put a half cup of cheese on top thats only 3 carbs will I gain weight from eating this or would I lose more weight from eating this than eating a few slices of bread? Does it matter how much fat is in what you eat as long as its low carb?

Well, yeah, your proportions always matter. Whats more important is where your fats and carbs are coming from. Bread is not the best thing for you on any diet. Everyone is different though, but i'd stick to getting my carbs from fiberous vegtables.

If a can of Chili is only 20 grams of carbs and I put a half cup of cheese on top thats only 3 carbs will I gain weight from eating this or would I lose more weight from eating this than eating a few slices of bread?
Well son your done! j/k
Everyone's metabolism is different, so i think it would be to hard to say, nonetheless it would prob be close. I'd put alot of chicken in that chili, it adds protien and will help fill you up so you eat less chili.

Hey i just made a tuna omlet, anyone ever tried one? I put 3 eggs (two were whites only) lemon, lemon pepper, Ms. Dash lemon, salt, and slice of american cheese. I dipped in ketchup; IT WAS AMAZING!

if calories for the day are below maintenance then you will lose weight. Don't listen to Atkins, he's a quack and although low carbs are generally the best way to lose weight for a host of reasons, its not grams of carbs per say but calories that cause weight/fat loss and worrying about a few grams here and there have never been shown scientifically to make a difference, if it does then it would be negligable. Just count everything in your daily total calories and keep it below maintenance and you will lose (generally speaking)

Well yeah I know chili is terrible for you but I was just really hungry and thats about all I ate all day. Next time I'm going to use chicken chili, its low carb and really low calories.

A lot wouldn't agree, but a lot would that were lied to being told to eat as much as they like and lose weight, but they dont. Yeah, the basics of the diet work, no doubt about it. But he misrepresents the studies, lies about a fat mobilizing mystery substance, says fat loss stops when too many carbs are eaten, I can go on.
NOT everyone gets a hunger blunting effect from low carbs, high fat and protein, CCK release is the primary reason for the blunting, as well as slower gastric emptying from the higher fat. Some people will overeat when given a licence to "eat all you want", and gain weight. He dismisses the calorie aspect of weight loss, and says if fat loss stops lower carbs more, while this works in the sense of altering total body fuel utilization more towards fat, calories are of prime importance regardless of diet composition. Yeah, weight can be lost, lots of it, but it doesn't take away from the facts that he misprepresents, giving low carb diets a bad name in many ways. And its Lipolysis-Ketosis, not the other way around as he says it.

Top Bottom