Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sodium intake looked at?

bentonhope

[FONT=&quot]I figured that sodium shouldn't matter if one doesn't have high blood pressure and if they drink a lot of water Do you count your sodium intake for the day? I do not have high blood pressure, but my low blood pressure is actually on the pretty low side even dipping into the 100/45 range or so. I take an ACE inhibitor for my aortis stenosis in my heart, so that definitely contributes to it. Anywho, I'd like to see some other peoples responses. Thanks[/FONT]

You of course need sodium, and if you are well hydrated you can handle more. Processed foods tend to be ludicrously high in sodium though, so a diet high in them can be pretty bad.

salt is an electrolyte

the issue is more that foods that are high in salt are extremely processed and horrible for you. i'm talking about sausage, packaged meats, cold cuts, fast food, restaurant foods, etc. also if your salt intake is too high you will retain water.

so since it is an electrolyte you need to balance it. some of you might not know this but when i sweat out a lot on a hot day I will actually add salt and cream of tartar to my water to get back lost electrolytes.

Top Bottom