Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sodium in (liquid) eggs

magman1

Hey guys, been at this whole thing for a while. Obviously everyone talks about eggs being a staple of a bodybuilding diet (and maybe just egg whites depending on current goals). I've been on fitness / bodybuilding diets for +10 years but never even noticed the sodium listed in eggs. When you look at one egg, maybe it's not much sodium...but if you're eating ten eggs in one sitting, it's basically 30% of recommended daily sodium intake. Same amount as eating frozen breaded chicken fingers from Costco.

Any thoughts on this? Specifically for liquid egg whites, as I drink a container a day. Are eggs not as good as I have always thought? Are liquid eggs processed in some way?

Sodium isnt the enemy. I frequently drink 1/2 Tablespoon unrefined salt in a cup of hot water followed by 12 oz cold water for detoxing, sometimes multiple times a day. To put numbers to that its 3000mg a pop.

Once again "modern medicine" is simply look at symptoms and not underlying problems.

As far as liquid eggs go, im sure they are processed in some way. If your eating a lot of eggs, I would stick with organic in the shell.

30% of sodium intake a day is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

most americans get like 3 or 4X the amount recommended lol so I wouldn't pay it no mind.

I much prefer real eggs bro. are they better? yes IMO I do think they are better. however if you are eating a balanced diet Is it going to ruin your entire diet having some liquid egg whites? of course not.

Top Bottom